Posts by Jon

Ever since I got my jeep its made a noise at idle when the clutch was not engaged that stops when i engage the clutch. When I asked the dealer about this soon after I got the Jeep, I was told that this is normal for TJs. However, today I was talking with the service department about another issue with the cd player that I know has something wrong with it (a clicking noise when the jeep is turned on and off because the head tries to move but doesn't catch on a gear in there I'm guessing) and he told me this was 'normal for wranglers' again. After hearing that I'm wondering about my clutch and drivetrain, because it sounded like he was just feeding me a line. Is it normal for wranglers (this is a 2003 sport) to make an extra noise when idling with the clutch not engaged? sounds like somethings spinning and it has too much room to move around and vibrate. Is this normal?

thanks,
    Jon

that door light kit that quadratec has is pretty handy too if you don't feel like popping the fuse in and out every time you take your doors off. Its basically just two wires and a switch though so you could rig the same thing up for a few bucks at rs

I wheel in my driveway a lot. Its paved.. and flat.. much like the rest of delaware, but convenient since I live here. If you all want to take turns on it, let me know.

how far are tired allowed to go beyond the flares? and if a person tagged with de plates is legal in de, are they still subject to be pulled over in another state?

yeah the 2.5 kit came with a transfer drop, about an inch. The vibration is pretty minimal, I just got a bit more worried about it when the grinding came on pulling out into traffic fast, and it only ever happens right after letting out the clutch. once it hits even 5 mph or so I don't have a problem, or atleast not one that I notice.

Hey everyone, just put on a basic skyjacker 2.5 inch lift on an 03 tj and just in first gear, as I'm starting out I get a little vibration in the floor panel, almost feels like something is rolling around by your feet for a second. If I gun the engine and spin the tires a bit, I get a clicking-grinding noise down below. The advice I've gotten is that it might be a rear pinion angle problem and skyjacker said they have a "REAR PINION CAM BOLT 97+ TJ CAM500" kit that would fix this. Does this sound right? and has anyone installed one before? The other advice I got was to put in an engine mount lift, whats the easier/better fix?

thanks,
    Jon

I've got coils, control arms, trans drop and shocks for a skyjacker 2.5, just shy a couple small brackets from a full kit thats used but in decent shape - around $300 if you're interested