Posts by Rockpirate

I got steel rims on the jk.. Guna run almost same price to mount the tires as it would be to swap and add a spacer i need to get anyhow... Guna see about swaping in a newer front end tho so i can have hubs and get rid of the air lines to go full 4x4.

Haveing to flip a switch in glovebox is wierd tho.

ok so I got most of the rust cut out and I painted it with correct paint and now im just waiting on my floor panel to show up. put in all new gauges. just need to replace the oil gauge unit witch is lamely located above the oil filter in a small hole.

I do have a odd Question tho. I have ben looking threw quadratec and 4wd for them but no luck. I wanted to run my JK wheels on the cj. from what I read the cj is 5 on 5.5 and the jk 5 on 5 I am not seeing a adapter to do so. anyone happen to know another site I could look threw?

so i put into the shop yesterday. cost 140$ for them to tell me what i told them was the issue lol. it was the PCM (witch they tryed to tell me that because its a modified jeep it wouldn't be covered under warinty) . should have it back up and going in time to go out next weekend ^^

sadly i agree , will have to have the shop look at it.just wierd that it all happends after i hit a curb witch might not even be apart of the issue. it has wheeld harder then that curb in the past month...i will post results once i get the money together to get it done.

TY all for the input , it did clear up another issue i was havieng with it.the only other issue i have is my clock spring broke .. cant wait till i can finish the cj guna be so much easyer to fix .

i replaced the ignition coil with a new one(altho it could be bad also) had all new plugs with the electric grease all are on correctaly and tight. so only thing i can think of is try new gas or RE replace the coil
    *edit* the old coil pack #3 was blackend where it makes the connection

ok so the pcm is coverd under warinty but they want 180$ to run a dignostic. :bang:

pulled a plug and they looked bad so i replaced them and the wires..i reset the pcm and the codes still no good.
    is there a way to test the pcm ? going threw some forums noone elts mentioned a pcm as the issue with this code.
    called the local jeep dealer about the part asking about warinty and i get put on hold for 3 minutes then hung up on lol. try 2....

dont think it be under warinty sadly. im at 79K miles. ill try resetting it tomarow see if that helps.
    i rember getting this issue once before it was actualy some censor on the transmission. just dont think it would be that tho.

ok so this dude desided to try to side swipe me and i ended up swurving into a sidewalk. the jeep ran fine i dident have an damage or anything . we got gas 2 blocks down and i stoped for gas. when i started the jeep it came up with error code P2308 , the jeep missfireing *edit smells like gas

P2308 ‐ Ignition Coil 3 Secondary Circuit‐ Insufficient Ionization
    i went threw checked all wires i dont see anything lose or unpluged, swaped in my old coil pack dident help got new points and plugs in figured might as well do that while im under there lol. . not sure what it might be now. any idea are apreciated

i got the roll cage off and the seat belts out. started cutting the rusted spots out. got lucky the fenders arent that bad off but i want to add a brace to the frame for the roll cage. i got the steel for the cage but what thickness do i get for the plate that i make the fender top out of?
    im still learning this all as i go. this is my first real project in 20 years lol. building the jk and the yj had little to nothing on body fab other then the fenders we made on the yj.

I will go with http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php#7695 , love the pictures. It gives me more to think about. I have the jk thats enough non metal for me lol. Its guna be slow going beeing stuck in cali and no steady work makes it prety bad. But will be done by summer, on the other side im probibly guna see about finding yj seats/cage so i got more then lap belts and mid back seats ...
    A forum mentioned i can use a 95 yj 4.0 brake booster and cylinder, something about dual diaphram vrs single altho im only guna have 33's on this. It has stock dana 30 rear 20 front. the quadradrive (no hubs) is wierd tho has the 4x4 switch in glove box.
    got alot goin threw my head about this project lol so i atend to ramble ^^

Once i get started tho will have pictures and build like last 2 i did.

nice that will make things alot easyer after i clear the cancer out.

Best thing is quadratec has all thows pieces already :D

now i just gota find a 77 power brake booster or something that can work in its place lol .

I will probibly go with keeping the tub and clearing the rust out like you where saying. Its cheaper and well i prefer the cj tub over the yj. but i got a jeep wreckin yard here localy i might be abble to find a new tub at if i i have to.
    what would thickness of metal would i want to use to cover it after i clean it up and prep it?

the jeep is a 77 cj7 stock 304 v8 with th400 transmission. the dude i picked it up from had it siting in his driveway with no top on for 9 years. i just couldent let it sit there like that.
    this is what i found after i un screwed his carpeting and took it all out.
    http://photobucket.com/CrewsCJ7 easyer to just share the album link then doing them individualy lol.

on top of that i gota get signals working along with horn and brakes.
    rebuilt carb. new fuel and brake lines but the brake booster is bad. witch aperintly power brakes and power steering along with ac is not normal in a 70's jeep

so i gave up sent it to a local jeep shop and 6 hours later they are dumbfounded :roflmao: , says they went back over everything i checked and went threw the wireing harness its just not sending any power other then the 1 wire too the ecu.

so i went down and finaly got a new ecu for it. now im not getting any power to the ecu at all, went threw RE checked all the fuses. none are bad.
    *edit.

i went threw all the wireing on it. it has 1 power wire running too the *new* ecu. no other wires light up with power even with ignition on.
    have replaced fuse box all fuses inside and out. crank sensor and sensor on distributer. replaced ecu.

i still get no power to that with ignition on to the coil. anyone know witch wire on the ecu goes to the coil or where the coil power wire starts?
    the only thing i can think of is that that wire has a short in it somewhere and i just havent seen it .