Posts by Rockpirate

i pulled the ecu out and checked the capacitors. one was blown. replaced that still has same issue. i get power to the ecu but nothing comeing out of the ecu. :bang:

i have replaced the fuse box and all fuses and had the connectors cleand to the fuse box and to the ecu. i did pull the distributer and checked that its fine all teeth are clean. replaced the coil again and checked the sensor wire its fine., the back right tail light went out it has water damage from the previous owner adding some bedazeld blue gem crap to it. it rusted the light bulb and sparked it self. i replaced the tail light and fuse that it blew. still same issue tho.
    i get no power out of the ecu and no spark. it does atempt to start now and it has fuel pressure, crank sencor is new also.

went put in a new starter(autozones finest lol), after thinkn about that shoulda atleast turnd once i put direct power to it lol...
    the starter works the motor cranks its just does not start . i do have fuel pressure tho. the coil is not get the signal to spark the spark plugs which is not allowing the jeep to fire,the cam sensor was replaced.

Check the wires to the starter? Separate solenoid? Maybe its shot... jump a wire directly from the battery to the starter and see if it cranks.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

swaped out starters to my spare. new solenoid. did try jumping from solenoid. nothing happends.

have you tried to pull start it. or use alittle ( repeat) little starting fluid. when you were tring to start it?

ive tryed to push start and changed solenoid out and use that tu bypass the ignition. its fuel injection. .

all lights work sept check engine light. all gages work, lights stay on when i try to start. did some googling on the interlock. says the yjs dident have it.

traded out my truck got my old YJ back. drove home fine and when i went to start it in the morning wouldent start or get power. i have changed the cap rotor wires plugs, did a fuel pressure test. changed the distributor module, crank case sensor, changed the coil pack i also cleaned the fuse box inside the cab and out . i have checked the plug going into the ecu to make sure none of the pins were bad and cleaned the socket up. i also cleaned the box thats right above the ecu that sends power to all the stuff inside the cab. i also tested the ignition system. i have ran out of ideas other then replaceing the ecu witch atm is too costly.
    any ideas or help is much apreciated :)

Ok well i am guna end up going with redneck ram. will run me 599 parts and cooler and once i sell the last of my cj parts ill go with the high volume pump from psc.

btw JK electric radiator fans suck lol.. one trip threw local park and its toast oO

i was talking to psc about the high volume kit. they said the reason i broke was due to low rpm and high torq. the kit will help make it easier to use at low rpms.

i would like to do a hydro kit. i just dont have the money to do that. nor does anyone i know here know how to do that. lookin on build threads it looks like there is a few bolt on pieces witch even go with my master break cylinder. and i see abit of welding to need to be done.

i was actually tempted to go with http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.com/hydrosteering.html .

i have about 800$ budget less i can sell more cj parts . so its not like i can get the fancy lookin psc kit.

i do need to ask them whats the difference between the hydro assist and non high volume kit. there pics are dead and noting stated in description. i do see they sell the gear box alone for 800 and the pump kit for 410 ish but im prety sure ide need more then just that .

so, i have a twisted sector shaft lol and the lock pin . i have ben calling around to find no replacement gear boxes. dont want to upgrade to hydro assist. ... looks like my only real option is to get the stock one rebuilt. thinking about sending it to psc to have it rebuilt. will run 100+ parts with a 1 day turn around. and add a high volume pump kit. hopefully that help alot lol.

altho power steering issues dont stop me from wheelin lol. went out with brother monday ended up breaking a shock w/mount in rear lol. bouncing all the way home was makeing me sea sick lol

heh yea was mostly my fault wasn't aired down at all yet. slid down off the rock into a hole and well that was it for the steering. i was looking at the psc pumps didn't actually see that specific pump. thxs for the link . looks like the link is for just a fluid box not the gear box tho.

the code came on after i got on the freeway to go home. hoping that once i get the box installed and a new alignment that will do away.

not under warinty waaaaay over on miles lol.

so on my last trip out to the offroad park out here in cali i apparently broke my steering abit. My steering wheel is offset by about half turn got a code thrown C123F. When i try to turn right with wheels under any pressure (wheels in gutter) it wont turn right, From centered wheels i get 1 1/2 turns left.

I checked everything up front and only thing i can think of is i broke something inside the gear box itself. i have ben googling and havent found any cheapish upgrades. i see redneck assist and high flo upgrades.

anyone know a good upgrade?