Posts by Rockpirate

:doh: so the problem is fixed. the guys down at goldenstate towing and motorsports figured it out. After all the parts that were replaced they figured it had to be losing power somewhere so they pulled the fuse box completely out and ripped it apart and found that there was corrosion on the wires connecting to the fuse ports. if you didnt know Corrosion acts like a resistor and draws down the current. :bang: I just wish i would have thought of that before we spend $200 on parts that didnt help. Thanks guy for all the help

We all ready changed that. :shrug: what to do next we have gone over the jeep again and again trying to find anything that would be out of place. Tomorrow i guess we are just gonna let a shop try and figure it out.

OK this is Rocks brother. I have checked the fuel pressure its fine. I have replaced the coil with 3 different coils and i have also replaced the CPS on the bell housing. I am getting codes from the computer using the key on engine off method and i got 12 33 55 which 12 is thrown because i removed the battery to do the welding and should go away after ~15 key ons. 33 has to do with the fact that i dont have an ac relay (no ac either) and 55 is the end message code. I have checked all the fuses and even thrown my battery jump box on to make sure it wasnt due to a weak battery. My problem is im not getting any spark from the coil. I get 12 volts up to the coil but im not getting anything out. I found some info today on how to test the ignition module which im going to pick up today and try that out. other then that i just dont understand. Also i have checked all the wires around the welding no melts cuts pulled unplugged or anything out of the ordinary. Thanks guys for any help you can give me, it just sucks because we just got the work done that was gonna allow me to be able to go out and fully enjoy my jeep again :cuss: .
    the plug you see hanging is form the old D30 air disconnect line.

my brother has a 95 yj. took it to a custom shop so we could get some welding done on the front end/rear and when we went to leave it wouldn't start.

have replaced rotor-distributor cap-plugs-wires-coil-cps.

checked the fuses all are good. we get fuel to the motor but still no spark. only thing i can think of is distributor.

installed last set of lights on windshield. and finished installng synth winch line

next on the list is soft 8's in flat black, be here end of week some time. and changeing from puck crap lift too a 2.5 *prays its stiffer* tired of it lockin my breaks up around corners ><

nice. prety much onlything ive done for the lockers is super chips mod. so i can lock them in 4H. ben a while but i do think it will let u lock front or rear but its a cycle threw on the buttons. ill have to check that next week when i goto prarie city ^^

4" is more than enough for 35s with a JK considering 32s come stock. Sell the spacers and make a few bucks :) Actually, with the "flying nun" fenders you have, you can probably fit the 35s with just the 2" spacers.

yea thats what i was thinkin. with the 2 inch puck i got now there is 12 1/4 inch space from tire to fender . only real reason i want to change to a new coil is i have too much roll when cornering and my breaks lock up. was told stiffer suspention will help that also someone mentioned wider rims... not sure how that effects roll tho lol

when goin to 35's it looks like i will have to shave my rear pannel on the door side. mostly due to going up in hight but not replaceing the links to push tires back to normal spot.

will say tho. wish the dude told me the lift was 2.5 for a 4 door lol. ran the numbers for procomp and is a 2.5 for 4 door 3.5 for 2 door. and from what i hear if i go over 3 inches ill need new drivelines... altho the drivelines in stock JK i am told are complete crap and paper thin.

......flying nun.... well could be worse lol.

i do have the stock lockers came with the rubicon. are thows not anygood. or just better to put a real locker in the rear? i wont want to do a real locker in front i drive it too much lol.

finished most of my wireing today and did my rear bumper. 450$ to install at shop. F#$% that. 3 hours of work lol.

next up pro comp lift n 4.56 gears.... only think i really need to debate on is do i want to leave the pucks in or out... dont think a jk even with 35's really needs more then 4 inches of lift lol

added half the parts. finished the headlights got rockhard front bumper and a xr8 pro synthetic winch on front also snaged pic of intake ^^. sadly tho still need to wire in the KC lights and the winch before i even think about goin to do the rear bumper and new lift.