Posts by BetterInTheSand

Need to repair the rear frame on the driver and passenger side just before the rear axle. Any suggestions on where to have this done? Also need some attention to the body mount just behind the driver's seat. No welding ability or I would do it myself. Thanks in advance.

Just bought a new (1998) jeep. White Sahara with 126k miles. Need to replace the soft top. Looking for suggestions on what everyone's using and their thoughts. Want something that's easy enough for my girlfriend to put up and take down if she wants to. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

So I went back,under tonight when I got home and adjusted it again. The heavy downpour has kept me from taking it out of the garage to see if it's working or not. Here are a few pics of the current setup.

So I hit the beach for the Tks first voyage since I've owned it. Drove out on Broadkill since it's close to home and didn't have much time to be out on the beach. Get to the access point, stop, put it in 4h, shift to 1st and go nowhere. Put it in neutral, drop it out of 4h back to 2h, then back to 4h. Shift back into 1st and still nothing. Decide to try 4L and it works fine in 4L. Drove out and fished, left in 4L. Get back to pavement. Put it in 2H and head home. Washed it and put it in the garage. Adjusted the linkage and tried again. Now 4H will work but only when put in 4L then shifted back down to 4H. what am I missing? Does the linkage just need to be adjusted more? I was under the jeep while my girlfriend shifted between 2H, 4H, N, and 4L so I could see everything moving and seemed to be working as it should.

I had a tube style bumper on my TJ that was rusting out. Found a used bumper for a TJ on Craigslist. Picked it up and now having trouble mounting it. Heres what I have going on. The new bumper has a cutout where the hitch can pass underneath the bumper. The brackets for the bumper don't fit over the hitch mounts unless I cut them. Not sure what to attempt so looking for some guidance.

So with a new vehicle there are always certain things to,figure out.....ive come across a few....

Driving down the highway once I hit fifth I feel like I lose power. Struggles to go 60. I feel like this isn't normal. Didnt know where to start to look to figure that out.

Debated on possibly regearing. That being said what should I look to regear to. Its going to,be a summer cruiser and beach vehicle.

Thinking,about taking off,the 2" body lift and going suspension. Right now,it has 33 12.5s would 35s fit as it sits now and suggestions on a lift and height, has a cherokee with 4.5" lift but being my first wrangler not sure which route to go

Frame has one spot of surface rust. Other then that it's solid. Floor boards are even solid and haven't been repaired. Never been beached......yet.

Well it finally happened. Pick up a brand new ( to me of course) 97 TJ. Made the move out if the XJ life and lost my doors and top already. Found a great deal and couldn't refuse. Hopefully will be able to,hit a few events now and be wrenchin soon. Has a 2" body lift but looking to switch to a suspension lift and do a few odd and ends to make it my own. Still waiting on the first real jeep wave. The mall crawlers aren't the same.

itSo I'm looking to get back into a new to me jeep. Found this 82 cj and checked it out. Has some rust near the rear panel as expected. Surface rust on the frame. Some knucklehead took off with the hood unlatched so slight dent and rust there. Guy who owns it is in MD and says he bought it in Newark about 3 years ago. Didn't know if anyone on here knew who had it or knew anything about it