Posts by Stomper

Sign up for this months ride below. I will lead a green group if we get enough interest for that kind of day trip. Hopefully one of the other trail guides can lead a higher level group. Post your name and what kinda of trails you want to run. We will be at Rausch Creek the trails are Green, Blue, Black and Red.
    :wavey:

1. Stomper-

willf650 that ride is the weekend before the fall big dogs event. So i don't think it will happen. Plan on doing the Sept. trip if you want to go wheeling.

Keith

I'm going off on a tangent. Wayne BS you and I have wheeled many times together over the past few years. Yes as Jay said this year has been a bit slow for me wheeling. I have made several of the club scheduled rides just to see the same few people over and over. I even moved a club date to a Sunday to see if that helped, it didn't. I also have been out on none club rides as well. In addition I do keep 2 "trail" rigs running which can be both costly and time consuming in addition to my 2 jobs and my own business.
    I understand your frustration and I agree with you some what. This club has had it's ups and downs. Since I have joined there have always seemed to be 2 groups in the club the wheeling group and the surf fishing group. That's just fine with me we need all types to make the club what it is, its not just a wheeling or fishing group but a jeep group.
    I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting from the club. They host events for the members, give to charity, provide us a discount at selected suppliers and many other things we may not be aware of. If you see things that need to be addressed or changed speak up you are a member of this club too.
    Wayne I hope you do stay I have enjoyed wheeling with you and hope to do so in the future.

Thread hijack and rant over.
    Keith

Guys I'm sorry I had a medical emergency Thursday afternoon that landed me in the hospital in Philadelphia for a day and half. I don't have the issue that caused this under control yet. For my own self being and because I don't want anyone from the club to have to deal with the same issue that happened on Thursday with me I decided to not go. I'm sorry if this causes any issues but I don't want to have an ambulance ride to Sunbury tomorrow. Thanks again and I will get this under control and see you guys out on the trail next month.

Thanks Keith

1. Stafford black/blue camping dinner
    2. Slowpoke black/blue dinner
    3. Baldchris black/blue camping dinner site 154
    4. Deadfeat blue/black camp+dinner
    5. Dkirkley green/blue camp/dinner
    6. Bee green/blue camp/dinner
    7. Solomi +1 - reds / site 110 / dinner
    8. JKGRAY10/ reds/ site 112/ I like food
    9. AEZ
    10. Stomper Blue / Black Dinner I'm back in got things worked out..5/13

11. Astape - dinner and a movie
    12. Lovely+1 - green (maiden voyage)/site 11/dinner
    13. Captain and Captain II Dinner, Green, Site 214
    14. Knoxrents - Hard Stuff - Dinner
    15. YJDave+1 Green/blue site 109 / dinner

16. Thedarkside green/blue I like food
    17. Buster Stewart blue/black + dinner
    18. altierior - Blacks / day-tripper / dunno 'bout dinner
    19.Down Hill Roller blue/black - dinner

Welcome to the forum. The club usually does some kind of trail ride every month, we usually go to Rausch Creek or AOAA both are in upper PA near Pine Grove and Sunberry. If your into surf fishing we have a whole group of folks here that love to do that as well. This club has some really good mechanics and builders in it so you came to the right place for that as well. Hopefully you like the forum and the club and decide to join. Membership is reasonable and will "payback" in discounts and club events. Check out the application page when you are ready.
    Again welcome to the club.
    Keith

7. Solomi +1 - reds / site 110 / dinner
    9. AEZ
    10. Stomper Blue /black/ Dinner
    11. Astape - dinner and a movie
    12. Lovely+1 - green (maiden voyage)/site 11/dinner
    13. Captain and Captain II Dinner, Green, Site 214
    14. Knoxrents - Hard Stuff - Dinner
    15. YJDave+1 Green/blue site 109 / dinner

Sorry folks I have a prior engagement I forgot about and won't be able to make it this year.

Jay thanks for leading the day and the trail report. During the post ride pre-trip home inspection I found a bad TRE on Tim's drag link, he had about 1/2" of play. Ran it down Molleystown Rd and it didn't feel right. Left it at RC and returned later with the trailer. Sorry guys for the early finish but kinda of glad we stopped. I also saw the Raptor on the way back up he looked ok.

If you plan on wheeling it a lot I would start with the skid plates. Like was mentioned it can and will make a difference as well as piece of mind. If your budget can support it I would not skimp on these. I tend to beat mine to death!!
    I think the next thing on the list would be a lift or better bumpers. Be careful with the lift a 4 inch is about as much as you can go with a short arm and stock drive shafts.
    Just to give you an idea I did JKRanger08 jeep about 3 years ago, to go from stock to a 4 inch lift, 35 inch tires with rims (5), after market front and rear bumpers and aftermarket rock rails cost about 6k and that was on the cheap side.

If you don't have a lot of trail time I would suggest you come out to some of the rides and see what works and where you want to be. Also don't be afraid to take time to build it up. My CJ took 5 years to build up the first time.

7. Solomi +1
    9. AEZ
    10. Stomper Blue /black/ Dinner