Posts by Stomper

Chris I'm glad you made it home ok. Like slowpoke said we had a good day only some minor trail issues and one boo-boo in the parking lot with downhill rollers truck and trailer. The parking lot was a sheet of ice and probable the biggest challenge of the morning. We tried to run (in the afternoon) the Krawl for cops trail but it was to slick with wet snow and ice we may also have been trying to do it in the wrong direction. The next club ride is on the 16th of March, I will be doing a Sunday run on the 24th of March mainly so my son can join us. Also as was mentioned attendance has been light on the rides so I want to see if a Sunday ride makes a difference. I will start a new thread for that so feel free to sign up.

Keith

Hey folks I know that this ride is the same day as the party, however it is the only Saturday I have free this month. The actual club ride is on the 26th, I wasn't able to see the calendar either.
    Ride or dine I just want you to have a good time!!!!!

I snapped my sector shaft on the JK over the weekend. :badidea: :censored: If any of the folks that changed over to a hydro assist have a steering box laying a round and want to sell it let me know.

Thanks Keith

I'm going to throw this out there because I know it's been done. Since this is a reconstructed vehicle make sure it has all the stuff that a Rubicon would have. Especially check that the transfer case is the correct one 241J and the axles have the lines for the lockers. Its kinda of hard to check them and see if they work so your just going to have to go with the visual on them. You didn't mention what year but the TJ had air lockers and the JK's have electric ones.

I have a 2011 Jk and I run 35 inch tires on a 2 and half inch lift. I have no problems with getting in or out. If you don't plan on doing any hard wheeling you should be good to go( pinch seem will need to be cut as mentioned before). If you do plan on wheeling hard there are some fender issues that will need to be addressed.

Ok folks I will try to make this short.. On out last club ride to AAOA I had a problem show up on the trail in 4 wd. No noise in 2 wd. While on the trail there was a lot of poping like when a U-joint lets go, nothing wrong with them. The noise seemed to be coming from the t-case and sounded like a bearing or a chain going bad. Pulled the case and drained the oil expecting to see metal shavings. Oil looked clean and I strained to verify only some small chunks of plastic to be found and not much metal. Decided to tear down the case. Here's is what I found, the plastic was from the shift fork pads one is bad, the rear bearing on the output shaft seemed a little rough and noisy. Ordered new parts and decided I would replace the chain while I'm in there. Now here is the interesting part according to Chrysler and all of the after market company's I should have a 40 tooth sprocket and chain to match. When my new chain arrived from Q-tech it didn't fit my sprockets. After waiting for over a week for Q-tech to help and not really getting any (1st time in 30 yrs I have been disappointed by them). I did a little more digging and found I have a 47 tooth chain and sprocket!!!
    I'am the 2 nd owner of this Jeep and bought from a dealer I know. The Jeep had less then 18 k on it and was a repo from the AC area. I have no reason to believe that this case is anything but factory. Now the question is why is there a 47 tooth and should I change the sprockets to match the chain I have or stay with the 47 tooth and get a new chain.
    Aaron please weigh in with your thoughts or give me a call.
    :bang: :bang:

1. Stafford - yes camping fri&sat/yes food
    2. JkGray10 - yes camping f&s/yes food
    3. Whatevah - yes camping Fri&sat / yes food
    4. Captain II - yes camping Fri&sat / yes food
    5. Captain - yes camping Fri&sat / yes food
    6. Astape - camping with matty / yes food
    7. -Sandtostand I'm out engine is puking too much oil
    8. Baldchris - yes camping Fri & Sat / yes food
    9. whypave - yes camping Fri &Sat /yes food
    10. Doug
    11. Slowpoke - no camping / yes food
    12. meeper - sharing camp site with Stafford, fri & sat/yes food
    13. Buster Stewart - Yes Food
    14. YJDave & Mag. Sat / Yes food
    15. TheDarkSide +1 Fri/sat I like food
    16. daddanelena - im in no camping 1 guest and food
    17. Solomi - Sal yes camping fri and sat. Yes food.
    18. Down Hill Roller - no camping / yes food.
    19. Shadyluke +1 kid no camping
    20. JoeLove +1, just Sat, yes food.
    21. Stomper, no camping , yes food
    [/quote]

Well we did have a fun day. Only minor damage for the group. I added to my bent tie rod collection. Buster Stewart's shock decided to pee fluid during the day. But all was fun.
    We started out on B to C then did CV trail ran that up to C then over to all of 4 then on to 2 headed over to the lower side and ran or tried to run 19 top of hill was a clay mess. Finally gave up. Headed down 19B to 11 then had lunch in the Pine trees. Ran 23 then 18 then 10 and 10a. Found out my tires really suck in the mud. Thanks Jerry for the winch out.. Headed over to the northeast ran 1a green then blue checked out the pipeline work. John and Jerry peeled off we ran a couple of greens and then headed back just in time for the snow.