Posts by Stomper

I'm going to re-gear the rears in my JK. I'm looking for opinions on which ratio to go with, hopefully this doesn't open Pandora's box.
    Current specs
    2011 JK Rubicon
    3.8 L V-6
    4 speed auto
    4.11 gears
    35" x 12.5 tires Grabber red letter.

Typical 3.8 under power and poor gear ratio in the 4 speed. I run both street and trails with this Jeep but it's not my daily driver and gas mileage is already poor. The Jeep will more then likely be on 35's for some time, but I do tend to keep my Jeeps for a while ( 30+yrs) so know telling were it will end up in the future.
    Let the answers begin!!

1. Sandtostand
    2. Gpw
    3. Deadfeat (Friday or Saturday Camping)
    4. altierior
    5. jkgray10 - camping
    6. Astape - camping in a pete
    7. Kuntryboy816 - camping
    8. Keith.eric - Most likely not camping
    9. Tonka- Camping
    10. Willf650
    11. Daddanelena
    12. Slowpoke
    13. cj8 - camping Fri & Sat
    14. Shorebird - camping Sat.
    15. Skeets682 & Blades Rubi, bringing FRED for camping.
    16. Stafford - camping at least friday night, will stay saturday and get hammered if enough people are around
    17. Gren71- not camping but ill be bringing my wife and son...as long as there are beginner trailers that is.
    18. Captain II going to try and come up fri after work
    19. Dkirkley (tentative +1) - Friday, Saturday, drive back Sunday, I'll prob camp both nights
    20. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide - only bringing one jeep, staying in the EconoLodge Sat night.
    21. Buster Stewart
    22. Cevs92. The jeep I will be in the owner has guided at Rausch before if we need him to.
    23 Stomper I will guide a group
    24 JkRanger 08
    -----

RED/BLACK
    1. GUIDE:
    2. altierior

BLACK/BLUE
    1. GUIDE: Slowpoke
    2. Deadfeat
    3. Buster Stewart
    4. Stafford

BLUE/GREEN
    1. GUIDE:
    2. Kuntryboy816
    3. Captain II
    4. Dkirkley
    5. nutrijeeper & TheDarkSide
    6. Cevs92. The guy I'm going with could be our guide

Stafford you and I have had many a good conversation on that very topic.

For those looking to go the event is almost 90% sold out. Last year their was almost 750 rigs at the event. This year it is supposed to be limited to 500. For those who don't know I have gone to every event since the beginning and have been a trail guide for the last 6 events. It can very hectic in the staging area with that many jeeps and not a lot of room. If you can put up with that on Saturday and the raffle being long you will have a good time. Sunday's activity goes a lot better there are less rigs and faster start times. They are getting better at having the groups leave the staging area faster but it's still a lot of rigs.

I'm going to try and make this one I will be running the 07 JKR

1. Stafford
    2. Hardkor, Javagirl
    3. skeets682, black rubi (if weather cooperates, bringing rv)
    4. JKGray10
    5. Slowpoke - Anthracite
    6. E-Rock - maybe
    7. ForMud
    8. Astape
    9. Daddanelena
    10. Shorebird
    11. Jpfan
    12. jkjeeper
    13. Jeffsjk- 50/50
    14. KnoxRents
    15. 2000sahara
    16. Dschappell and guest (pending DW fix)
    17. Psycho
    18. altierior (tentative - pending lots of stuff)
    19. Buster Stewart
    20. Stomper

Aaron I saw that and noticed only 2 people signed up. I would love to do AOAA again but I need to run my TATAS route again before the event in 2 weeks. Thanks for the heads up

Keith

I will be heading up to RC on Saturday with Buster Stewart and JKRanger08. Feel free to join us if you want I will be running blues and blacks this is a pre-run of my TATAS trails.

Keith I put one of these tops on my 07 Jk last spring. No hardware just the top and windows. It fit great was easy to install and held up well for its first full year of use. I got the one with the tinted windows.

I have almost the same problem with mine. It doesn't pop but will cut out. Next time it happens have her feel the face it will more then likely be hot. I think there is a problem in the radio that shows up when it gets hot. Happens more with the dash vent floor combination being used.

I recently had a set of 5 stock JK tires make their way to my garage. They have about 3k on 4 of them and 0 on the 5th. All are mounted on stock steel wheels as in X level. They are waiting for a new home for a small price tag they can be yours. PM for more information.