Posts by Stomper

Well Dave since I only live 15 miles away I would be glad to help them out. My garage is available and I have most of the stuff needed to do the work. I will try and call Dave Reynolds and see what I can do. I actually thought they had gotten rid of it.

Keith

Ok I'm going to attempt a proper trail report now.
    We meet up in the parking lot Tim,Tom,Keith,Bob,Joel,Sarah,Julian. We started out going out B to 2 then headed down E to B and off to the Tatas trail. As Bob said the trails were ice covered and very slippery. I needed my winch on this trail and found out it has died!!!. Headed off to the lower side of the park via trail E and then H. Ran trail 12 then 10 then 18 to 11 and down to the pines for lunch. After lunch we ran 11 to 19 heading back to 11. Well this is were the carnage for Tim begins. Heading up the trail Tim's driver side front u-joint / stub yoke grenaded. After a short attempt at trying to convince a nut to come off we decided to head back. We figured we would tow him when he needed to be, no 4wd for him and no low range or lockers. So off we headed on 11 to H about half way up 11 we hooked Tim up and started the towing process. After clawing and fighting half way up an ice covered trail H Tim's computer thought it would be a good time to engage the ESP,BAS and the ABS and promptly locked the right rear brake caliper down. After almost 3 liters of water we could proceed to tow him up to the fire tower. From there he was able to drive out to the parking lot. I called for my trailer and we headed down to the exxon station to wait.
    Over all the day was good a cold start 9 degrees but sunny and not to bad on the trails. No other damage to report as of now, and I'm looking forward to the next trip.

Keith

I will be there again this year. I'm a blue/ black guide for this years event. My son will also be there with his Jeep.

I have a 2.5 inch Rough Country on my Jk and have done nothing with the suspension. For your lift you will need to relocated the track bar on the axel end. I also have a 4 inch Rough country x flex on another Jk again you will need to either relocate the track bar or in this case move up to an adjustable track bar for the front and relocation bracket for the back one. In about 3 yrs you can plan on replacing the springs in the Jeep due to sag. Also the 2.2 shocks are good for about a year before needing replaced.

I have run both the Solid and Riddler on 2 diiferent Jks the are both in the rear and have held up well. I run a Rancho rock gear front skid plate on my JK and on my sons Jk. His is doing well mine needs to be replaced well at least rebent if I can get it off. I have run the rock it front skid on my CJ with no problems. You may lose a little ground clearance with a skid about 1/2 to 1 inch but you give your differential a lot more protection then just a cover.

Replaced the front springs on JkRanger08's 07 Rubicon. I also replaced one of the front u-joints in the axel. What a mess trying to find the "right one" finaly got one from NAPA that should work with no problems(PArt PUJ450). I also replaced his winch this weekend since is old one died a watery death at RC a month ago.

Make sure your steering stabelizer is good. For some reason the JK are pron to death wobble even in the factory form. Jkranger08 is running a 4 inch with 35 and needed a dual kit to stop it from happining. The alignment was done to specs and then corrected to were it should be for the lift. Tire pressure and balance play a big part in the issue as well so make sure both are good.