Posts by joshill

Yea this video made me feel a little sick, thinking about wheeling with my son in the jeep. I know it's something that we all need to be aware of but it kinda makes me scared to get out there...

Sweet pics Tony! And that new profile pic rocks on the helmet Andy. As said, a super fun day out there. Randy is such a great guide; rocks, hills AND tan/red/brown/black mud as you can see from GoldenEagle's efforts. And lemme just say how awesome it was to take to the trails in a rig like Randy's with his guidance. But I guess the blond in me came out when I mixed up the throttle and the brake a couple of times...oops! And although mostly cosmetic, I think Randy was remiss in a trail damage report... at the obstacle on the way over to Stairstep, Andy bumped into a little tree that wasn't there before and dinged his brakelight. Soon after JKgray10 needed a little tug when a different little tree jumped into his back D/S tire flare and that big rock grew up under his frame. Said flare miraculously (really!?) popped itself out later with only minor scuffs but the plastic licence plate brackets weren't so lucky we discovered on the comp course at the end of the day. There BigRed also lent JKgray10 some professional advice on how to pop off the P/S tire and we all watched as a noisy little rock was dislodged from the brake pad cover, no damage there! And thankfully JKgray10 had his torch for a lucky fit U-joint replacement on Wayne's ride with the help of Austin in the yellow TJ on the ride home. Can't wait to see everybody at the 101! JoAnn

We do smoke tests!!! My dad fixed my chronic CEL evap code problem after replacing a bunch of hoses, gimme a call and I'll ask him which one it finally was...

Joe Shilling, Inc.
    5512 Washington St Ext
    Wilmington, DE 19809
    (302) 764-2100
    Transmissions Our Specialty

From a fellow yellow jeep chick, Hi! Definitely get out to some events... the March ride or meeting if you can. It's really relaxed and fun. PS- Especially with the hard top on, we call mine Stinger sometimes, lol

For reference PM joshill about her experience, she's got a bone stock TJ complete with side steps and has been on a few blues and at least one blue/black :suspicious:

I thought I felt my ears burning... no really, if you can get the chance to go on a DEJA ride at RC, take it! These guys (and gals) are alot of fun, really helpful and knowledgeable about the park. I've gone twice and rode up early then rode home after, it's about 2 1/2 hours from Wilmington, depending on the route you take. The camping there is on-site in the parking lot and that is what it is, not alot of privacy and probably really cold this time of year. If you can't make Saturdays, try to post a new thread with a date you want to go and see if people post up.
    Take the advice from earlier, start with the easy group and see what you're comfortable with. And depending on the lines you pick, you can walk over stuff or really test out your equipment. My personal experience, if you're following Randy and have Ian spotting, you'll be fine! And I've heard my pic...

looks pretty Tuff for a stocker

Well our second ride (my first as an official DEJA member :driving:) was alot of white-knuckling, cursing, and wondering why-the-heck-I-do-this fun! It's easy to pick good lines following Randy, even if it's sideways up a rutted-out mudhill. And I'll happily take a passenger seat ride in a black rock garden or on the comp course rocks/hills until I get the BB, 1" and 33s on my rig! Thanks again to everybody for your patience, the spotting and good times! It was windy and chilly in the am parking lot, but once we got in the trees and on the sides of the hills, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. Looking forward to the next ride!

I've experienced the exact same same thing and thought it was related to a friend switching out the factory radio with a newer one. I'll be interested if you find something out!

Aw shucks, thanks for the shoutouts guys! But for sure I was the one on the trail shouting out :help: and "do we have to go through THAT!?!" lol! I had a blast though, looking back on the day. Having the kids in my jeep definitely kept up my spirits as Elizabeth was pointing out milkshakes, frog holes and giving me crap for taking the easy way out! And Joseph for sure had a great time. Thanks to Tony for the kids' treats and the CB, Randy for the tug and being a great guide (all the way back to Morgantown!), Ian for the spotting, and everybody for their patience/acceptance! Great to meet you all and I will definitely join you again! JoAnn

Hi all! Obviously I'm a newbie on the site... my dad's shop is getting involved with the toy drive and we went to eat at Red Robin last night. I'd like to come out on Saturday and bring my 7 year old son along. Interested in doing some greens, just checking it out, maybe riding with somebody to see more technical stuff. How long do you usually stay for, like should I bring a picnic lunch? Since it's wet and kinda cold I'm not that interested in camping this time but when it's gets warmer I'd love to make a weekend out of it. I heard R.C has camping, and I checked out the links to the campgrounds around there, but does anybody know if there are any good places to camp in any parks nearby? Thanks and hope to meet more of you soon! JoAnn

Joe Shilling, Inc. is now a location accepting donations for the 10th Annual Jeeps For Joy Memorial Toy Drive!

We will also donate a new toy for EVERY JEEP TRANSMISSION REPAIRED or SERVICED from now until December 11th...call for an appointment!

As always, call or email with ANY questions you have. We are a full service auto repair shop with over 30 years experience, and specialize in transmissions.

Joe Shilling, Inc.
    5512 Washington St. Ext.
    Wilmington, DE 19809

(302) 764-2100

www.JoeShillingInc.com