Posts by Sundance

I hope this is the right place to say this, but my jeep days are over. I traded it in for a Dodge Ram bighorn, 2013, Hemi. (no more horse power problems). I must say I enjoyed the last 4 yrs on this site. Believe me, it is ran very well compared to other sites. I'am 63 yrs, ready to retire and I just didn't use it to its potential, I bought beach tags 3yrs in a row but couldn't afford to go thanks to the wall street aholes!!! Anyhow I enjoyed the site tremendously, very informative. All I know about jeeps I learned on this site. All the money I spent on jeeps went to Quadratec!!! (beach tags, I meant surf tags) And this kind of helped my decision, Carman beefed up a new Rubicon, you know the generic stuff, and they are selling it for over $40,000.00.I could be wrong but I think it was just a 2 door. When I saw that sticker, I just walked away. Paid way less for the Ram. Again, a well run site. Thank you all.

There are vehicles out there that have fancier ltg,,,turn signals on mirrors etc,,,or a dedicated turn signal lt on the side of the car. They usually are a more expensive model and the lts are part of the bells and whistles, but definitely not for jeeps.

Ok, My 2 cents. I have a 2009 wrangler X. Lts not modified. None of the side lts "HAVE" to flash. The front fender lts are separate from the "front" turn signals so they have to be lit but not flash. The rear lts have to show a red side light, and they do that by using the same housing as the tail lts to provide the side lt. When the signal is on, it appears as if the side lt is flashing but it is just the turn signal lt reflecting thru the housing.

Got the tire size wrong. Its LT285/70R/17. Sorry about that. I'am going to drop the PSI down. I'am used to running 50psi in my old 3/4 ton Ram I had. Brain Farts at 63yrs old. They're more frequent now. All the tires wore evenly until my left front tire got out of wack.

Thanks Keith, been atough couple of yrs. I can probably get 3 or 4,000 more miles on them. Running 50 PSI, all equal. My left front tire was going bald so I had to put the spare on. I think I have a minor scrubbing problem with the front one, but I'll deal with that before I put new rubber on.

I have a5/16in.x95ft, 8000lbsteel cable you can have for 20 bucks,, never been stretched. Was on a champion winch that I drowned on day.3023227941

I bought 5 Mickey Thompson 285/75r/17s about 30,000 miles ago. Of course like a dummie, I kept the spare brand new. I had to mount it on the rear axle,right side of jeep. The new tire is almost 1.5 in. taller than the left rear tire. I don't even notice it, but I was wondering if it would hurt the rear diff. if I left it on. I do not have lockers,and it is not a positraction rear.I don't have the money for new MTs. I'am not putting them back on anyhow, at over $300.00 each. Any comments?

I got the Smittybilt X2O,8,000 for 399.00. Guaranteed waterproof from 4WD magazine, and because it was my first order,,,shipping was free! For a winch thats alot of shipping weight. Yes its not a Warn but I don't think a Warn will ever be in my budget.

If Jerrys dosent work out I have a really sturdy one! Its made by Reese, the same company that makes the hitches,,,,has A 2inch receiver post and holds 2 bikes. would like 40 bucks if you are interested.

For sale, Cobra 29, 40 ch, CB radio and antenna with a quadratec jeep spare tire mount for a JK. 1.1/1 SWR ratio with this antenna. Peak pwr is 25 watts. Only about 2 yrs old. Has power mike, mike clip, and cb mount. Asking $150.00. Also under hood PA speaker for screaming at idiot drivers!!! (just kidding) also have the spare stock mike.

Keith, I've been sitting here for a half hour trying to think of the right thing to say, other than the traditional things. I know I don't know you both very well, but when you belong to a certain organization you kind of become part of a "Family" of friends and aquaintances. Not always knowing everyone but we all have that common bond , and share certain feelings because of that bond, feelings of happiness,, fun at club functions,,get togethers,, and in this case ,, a loss of someone in this "family" of friends.I'am sorry for your loss.
    Please don't take this wrong: I heard they give out Brand new Jeep Rubicons up there!
    Lee and Sandi

Does anyone use ham radio in their jeeps? Iam wondering if the ground plane of an antenna mounted on the tailgate is enough to work the ham radio frequencies.

Carman Dodge has a red modified ( I think 2012 ) JK pickup parked in its front lot. I didn't stop but I think it is brand new. I'll go by later today and stop. Its right on the highway so you don't have to pull in to see it.

I decided to tear down the motor and rebuild it. ( what have I got to loose? ) Almost done! It cleaned up much better than I thought. I reattached the brush holder,, removed all corrosion from all the parts,, the brushes actually slide in the holders now. No windings were burnt out. I'am going to bench run the motor before I put the winch back together. If it runs ok I'am going to take it back apart and seal all joints, then reassemble the winch! Oh buy the way " I gave it more power!!"( Quoting Tim Allen ) Hopefully done before the weekend.

got a pic of the motor,, I'll see if I can get it out of the gallery.................................. Tried several times ,,,,its in my album but can't get it here on comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The champ 8000 came from tractor supply. The Badlands 12000 is advertised at Harbor Freight with a 6.5hp mtr for 400.00 not counting freight. i think I am definately going to hold off for something more durable.

I would really like an indepth report on the new motor. 300HP right? I have 3.21 gears in my 09 and I am wearing my clutch out to keep from stalling on takeoff. I did the flowmaster exhaust just so I could hear the motor when taking off from a dead start. If I get a new 2010 I hope to get the rubi with the 4.10s and lockers etc,etc.