Posts by BMJ

So i recently purchased a 2003 Rubicon from IG Burton in Milford De. The rig was in good condition with 64,000 miles on it and the only problem i could find was a noisy throw-out bearing.......... Well 200 miles over my 3000 mile warranty (45 days after the purchase). The transmission goes south and quick. Right now i can only drive in 4th gear with out hearing a horrible sound from 1,2,3 and 5. I called the dealership at first they said sorry about your luck. Then i talked to a guy in the service department and he was like well you can bring it in next week...... I was like really!!! At this point I'm pissed :upset:. I'm in Baltimore trying to figure out if i will make it home or not. The sales guy said the gentlemen who sold me the car was busy and he would call me back later. I replied I'm stuck in Baltimore. Two hours later i received a call back they said we will diagnose it for you but we can't fix it because your past the 3000 mile mark. At this point I'm pissed so i said OK i will see you tomorrow :cuss:. I was able to limp back to Delaware at a snails pace but my transmission sounds like a baby's rattle. Is there anything i can do to get the dealer to pay some or maybe all of the cost. Were is the best place to find a used Rubicon transmission? Does anyone on the forum rebuild them?.... WTF!!!! :bang:

Hello I'm new to the jeep world, but i have a lot of friends that own them. I currently drive a 2003 RUBICON with a 4.5 Rubicon express lift and 33in Nittto Mud grippers. The last 8 years i was really into the import scene then decided to change things up a bit (still have a built turbo talon TSI AWD for fun). I live in the Wilmington Hockessen area. So i just thought i would say hi.