Posts by ying

Unloaded the truck and have a couple items for sale.

Bedrug fits 5'8" bed. Asking $300/OBO

Yakima roof rack. Q-clips, Q-towers and 66" bars. Clips can be gotten to fit any roof. Asking $250/OBO.

Shoot me a text if interested. 302-381-9208

Thanks for the input. I found a 2012 with only 5,700 miles and seems pretty loaded that is 33K but then they have 2015 sport models for that or less. They all seem about the same price no matter new or miles...from 2010 and 11's with 20K-50K all in the same range. Never looked at new jeeps before.

I am thinking 3 piece hard top since it will be wife's full time driver but what are your opinions on the soft top? My old YJ was so damn noisy and cold but it was a '90.

Contemplating getting back into the jeep family. The wife has mentioned she wants an unlimited so I am thinking about taking her Mazda CX-9 (50K miles) and trading in my 2013 Sierra (23K miles). Main thought is I drive about 50 miles a day and she drives 5. Pile the miles on the Mazda and be able to hand it to the kid in 3.5 years and then buy me something.

Anyone have good experience with any local (Smryna south) dealer? Think I want new, maybe a '14 but don't want to break the bank. When I bought my truck, they came off the price a bunch. Is that the case with jeeps?

Thanks in advance!

There has been a bright yellow CJ sitting at the small used car dealer in Rt 13 and 16 in Greenwood for some time now. It has $3995 on the windshield. Hard top/hard doors and no rust that can be seen from the raod (unlike the scrambler sitting just north of Seaford at that dealer). Really surprised it has been there this long. Must have some other issues :shrug:

Like Wolverine said but all depends on how far down you are going. If it is your first time, always worth the trip to Ocracoke via ferry. We stay in Avon/Buxton a couple times a year and just chill our on the beach. Sound is fun if you have smaller kids. Hit Canadian Hole a few miles south of Buxton.

I think that I would have had the cops show up with me when I went or called them after the shop told me it was not there problem. It is there problem because you left it in their possession. It doesn't matter that they were stupid!

I would call the dealership and see what they will do, then call another one if you don't like the 1st answer. I had a similar experience with a service bulletin with my truck and the dealer fixed it no questions and said "we don't have to fix it with just the bulletin but like to be proactive and keep our customers happy. Once the bulletin goes to recall, we would fix it then. Why not take care of the problem right now". That was Townsend Brothers and not a Jeep dealer but I am sure there are some that would and some that wouldn't fix it.

I had mine installed on my truck when I bought it. Since it was installed aftermarket, there is an additional button fab thing not on the key. Said that is much more expensive since it has the lock/unlock etc etc. Mine has a very good range. I only use it in the winter and make sure I turn the defrost on high heat when I get out so when I start it the next morning, it warms up nicely.

[li] Here is the latest from the 1130 DEMA call this morning.
      There is a hurricane watch from the Outer Banks of NC thru Cape Henlopen.
      Hurricane Earl is a Cat 3 Hurricane with 125 mph winds but should weaken to a Cat 2 by the time it passes Delaware
      We should feel the tropical force winds (35mph) along the coast Friday morning around 0700 and it should dissipate by late in the afternoon.
      Winds will drop off rapidly as you go inland.
      Not much of a rain event…1” along the coast and lower amounts inland.
      There will be some areas of higher winds and rain depending on the squalls
      When the storm has passed, the weekend weather looks GREAT![/li]

Yesterday afternoon emergency management call...wind 35-40MPH on the coast. Rough surf, rip currents and the possibility of some rain but the three national weather service locations didn't think there would be much at all with the current track.

I will update after today's call.

WOW!!! Got to love Google Reader and some of those other programs that show you any predetermined words you want from any source on the net. I will preface - Never bought anything from this guy and don't know him but WOW! I am glad I never did.

Just guessing as I was not 100% comfortable in my jeep and now not totally comfortable in my truck but I am sure much of it has to do with the driver and his/her skills, abilities and experience and not the vehicle being pulled or the one pulling :shrug: Any idiot can put a lift and 35s on their F150. Doesn't mean they have a clue as how to drive on a trail, in the sand, and for that matter in the snow. Just my .02.