Posts by ying

I see said the blind man :idea: I am so glad that there are many, many people on this board much wiser than myself :laughing:

Went to the beach yesterday and had no problems at Cape (did see a few stuck vehicles and 1 was a jeep :doh: ).

I noticed as I was turning around in some soft deep sand that my back driverside wheel was spinning but my front one was not :question:. Shouldn't that be turning when 4wd is engaged?

How do I go about checking to make sure my 4wd is working and what is involved with a potential fix? THANKS.

Jen - I have a set of Bridgestone Dueller APT 30x9.5/15 that have between 3-5K miles on them. I am getting ready to upgrade so they will be on the market. They are not as "beefy" as the BFG ATs but do very good on the road, snow, rain and beach. Let me know. Cell # is in Mebers section or PM me. - Ying

Green Ridge?? I have camped at Greenbrier (sp) out near Hagerstown? Not sure if they are one in the same or not :shrug: Not much help!! Although the AT is close for anyone that likes to do some hiking!

I copied a couple links from ebay...mainly they say "budget" lifts by adding leafs and maybe a shackle lift.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors…7967840383&category=33585

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors…7966896383&category=33585

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors…7966896374&category=33585

Not sure why they are not "clickable" :shrug:

Is this a way to go to get some lift and be able to fit 33's, maybe? Would anything else need to be done other than the leafs???? At least for the 1st go round?

Thanks!

I will be there with the wife and 2 little ones. I will bring baked baked beans and "horseshoe golf" game a buddy of mine made. Pretty fun :up: Kinda like the game that was mentioned in the Dover Post a few weeks back.

Yea, my 90 has the slant roll bars and I guess 92 and up have the family style (didn't realize YJs had that style whenI originally posted). I think that the family style would be a bit easier to deal with car seats when the top is not on. :shrug: :shrug: Not sure. A guy on the BMJA page has one for $125 but that seems steep, since I am just looking for a "different" look. Anyway...I did a new post for"family style YJ" roll bar. Not sure if I know what I want :doh:

Paul - Looks great. I want to do a family style roll bar in mine. Let me know when you are doing it and I would like to "help" learn. Thanks.

I had a similar visit. Before I bought the 90YJ, I ran it through in Dover to "check" and see if it passed. CO was high and failed. Got some gas additive at Pepboys and drove it like mad (highway at highway speed) for a few days to clean it out. Worked fine and passed.

:doh:

The reason would be...with 2 little ones and a jeep in the summer, I think the family style roll bar would work better with a safari top. I don't like the look of the safari top "extender" bracket to fit the YJ roll bar. I may just do a bikini top for when it is just me or the wife w/o kids and just pull the top up for the little tykes.

Other suggestions :shrug: Or, if I do a bikini top and pull the whole soft top off, is there a way to jerry rig some type of "cover" over the back seats to keep the sun off the girls? Maybe a flag of some sort zip tied :hmm: I don't want them to get fried!!

Me being a scientist by education...you are correct...didn't know if I wanted to pour that on there but there is nothing under the battery housing that would cause a problem...

Thought there may be a "real product" for this application...

Mr. Wizzard

My battery went dead the other day and when I went to jump, I noticed the "tie down" was a nice black rubber bungy cord about 1/2" wide. I am guessing this will not suffice for the tie down requirement for trail rides :shrug: Don't want to get to a ride and be turned away for something stupid that I should have taken care of.

Also, what can I use to get ride of battery acid that is sitting under my battery. It is hard and white...think at some point an old battery leaked. I am sure I can scrap it off but not sure if there is somenthing that may disolve it.

When are we doing the shackle lift?? We can work all the issues out with your jeep so when we do mine, it will be smooth sailing :rollsmile:

My .02 - New to DEJA and never been wheeling...yet!!! Is this something that DEJA and ESJA could or would want to do a "joint venture" together :shrug: Is Delmar to far for the northern guys? From looking at what PAP and Raush Creek cost per day a $100 a year does not sound bad since you can go anytime. I guess it may end up being an individual issue. For me, if I tried out the Delmar site and thought it was pretty cool, then maybe I would decide to join ESJA and pay the $100. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: