Posts by ying

I will get some pics up soon. Took some with digital and some with film, will need to scan. After pulling the carpet, we cleaned up all the rust spots, mostly surface, primed with rustoleum and then acid washed with Muriatic Acid. I thought this would be easier than roughning with sandpaper but not sure about that since we hit the rails with a palm sander and it made quick work of it. After it was cleaned out, primed everything that was to be coated with the Tough Coat (that is what the directions said to do). It gave it a rough surface. The first coat we rolled the big areas and brush dabbed the tought to reach spots. THis stuff was really thick and we had to keep mixing to keep the rubber suspended. The second coat we brush dabbed the entire job. This actually was easier than rolling and it gave a more even coat. It is not as even as having it sprayed on but....I spoke with top city in Dover on another issue and inquired about price...$500 for a jeep b/c prep time. We have about 15 hours in with 2 of us but that is including some other projects as we go. Hope to have it back together for the Jan. meeting. Didn't make it Sunday due to the time spent in the garage. If your in Dover an want to check it out, let me know.

Well last night a buddy and I spent about 3 hours taking everything out of the YJ. I will hopefully be ready to paint with Cabela's Tuff coat sometime tomorrow (Thursday). I did get some pics that I will have to post. Man there is a lot of stuff to unbolt and take out!!!!! - Ying