Posts by ying

...or that is what the sounding diagnosis was at the last meeting. Now I have noticed that when I turn it on, it stalls every time. Then I start it and have to rev it pretty good to get it going. Is that a side effect of the exhaust manifold?

...anyone use these things? Worth $30. Got wet this morning with all the dew from the windows and want an option to open some of the uppers. How will they do in cold weather? Should you "bend" the windows when really cold out? Don't want them to crack.

I may have what you need once I get my kid crusher out (if I am understanding correctly, that is what mine has). The familiy style cage I got is different and I am picking up spreaders for that one next week, so we will see. If you can hold off for a couple weeks?

I have the same issue on my 90. Didn't fix it. Just know that when I fill up set the trip meter to 0. Know when I "should" fill up next time. I realy want to test this...5 gallon gas can full and let it go until it is empty to see exactly how far it can go in the case I have no choice. I know this is nothing scientific and depend on driving conditions, etc but it is an easy and cheap way to "fix" the issue.

Cool. Let me know what you want for them. I plan on being at the meeting on Sunday but if you are not...I can pick them up from you at work....I will be in the brach area lots over the next couple weeks.

It looks as if the kid crusher style has a piece that goes into the spreaders and the torx screws in from the top. Do the spreaders serve any purpose? Do they add structural integrety? If not could go CJ style witha family cage...just a thought. Any body got a set of spreaders fro a family style bar?

Issue swapping any ideas.

I have a 90 and found a family cage from a 95. Only issue were the drivers side spreader was bent...no problem, I can use the one from the 90. I pulled the spreaders off the 95 bar (the torx was in from the back side of the center hoop into the end of the spreader). When I went to look at my 90, the spreader attaches to the other part from the top with a torx with the "lock pin" in the center. :bang: Also it will not "fit" onto/attach to the 95 bar. Hopefully that is enough info to make sense.

I thought I could use the spreaders from the 90 with the "back" part of the 95...doen't look that way. What do I do??? Thanks.

I'll be pulling my older style one out and putting in the familiy cage soon. I have an electric impact and plan on taking it slow...

Before I take the old one out, I need to clean up the new one and paint it.

Mine is aluminum 4 rod holder that bolts right front bumper (but I added the hitch adaptor b/c I have front and rear hitches). My wife got it on ebay for about $70 (new is $150). Unless you are going to have a rear hitch haul, I would suggest one that has the fold down cooler rack but you are looking in the $200-300 range. Check ebay.

Thought about this the other day when I got it...bad timming! (This was copied from Quads BB).

As you know, some things in life happen unexpectedly that are out of the realm of anyone’s control. These events can sometimes cause a ripple effect that touches a large group of people.

As you may be aware, Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, passed away tragically on September 4, 2006. Steve’s exuberant style and love for what he did made him stand out as one of the most colorful and world-recognized conservationists of our time.

Because of his popularity, 4 Wheel Drive Hardware chose to parody a likeness of Steve as our spokesperson for finding “Jeeps in the Wild” on the cover of our recent Fall Jeep® Catalog.

Unfortunately, the catalogs that portrayed his likeness were mailed on Friday, September 1st, leaving no time to avoid distribution of our “Jeep Hunter” cover.

We sincerely hope that the family and fans of Steve Irwin will see this parody as a tribute to Steve and the millions of people whose lives he touched.

We’d also like to take this opportunity to extend to Steve’s wife, Terri and their two children, Bindi Sue and Robert, our deepest sympathies during this very difficult time.

Sincerely,
    4 Wheel Drive Hardware