Posts by ying

Went through inspection Friday and passed...had a few things that worried me but she got through...

But on the way there the jeep started to make this horrible noise :doh:, kinda like the engine knocking loud...gets worse as I push the gas (to me sounds like something with a fan or belt but not squeeking like a belt). A guy at Pep Boys says..."sounds like you need oil" and the inspector says..."is your manifold cracked?"...Didn't do it when I left DMV but then this morning sounds horrible... :shrug:

Anyone in Dover that is mechanical and can take a few seconds for a listen? Hopefully it is something that I may be able to tackle myself...if I am assisted with a diagnosis...

Thanks.

I just went this morning in Dover...they guy from the next lane walked over and said my membership decal was illegal. The actual inspector started asking some questions about my lift, etc...Said that he wouldn't fail me b/c of the sticker. There must be one or two that take their job way too serious!!!

I noticed that many of the guys sing a bb also do a mm lift and body lift...are these necessary or can you just do a 2" bb? Thanks.

...to sell/buy a jeep. I have noticed a few for sale on the boards and it seems as if they are slow to go but other times there are people begging to buy jeeps?

The reason I am inquiring is that I am thinking of upgrading to a little newer one (I have found one I think) and am contemplating selling the YJ.

Have a blast you all!!!! Wish I could make it but it will have to wait until May. Watch out for Corona Mountain or Jaeger Pass, I heard they could be rough...especially in the morning :razz:

I need to have the zippers re-sewn on a soft top. Anyone know of a place in the Dover area that can do this and a ball park figure on price? Thanks.

2nd on the carfax and then if you can escrow the $$ and have it checked out by a mechanic of your own, it seems like there would be little risk but then again, I am not sure what could go wrong/bad with the escrow deal. Another option would be if you have a mechanic friend who would go with you to look/test drive it/etc before you purchase.

You are right that 50/301 merge together in Queenstown but the Rest Stop (the one on 301 is a ways up 301 North and out of the way from Rt.50/301 merge by 10-15 miles)...and I am pretty certain there is not another one on this side of the bridge. If you are meeting someone comming from Dover, theeasiest place to meet is the Tanger Outlets. They are in the "V" where 50/301 split. Turn Right into them from 50 and left from 301.

Hey Urbancrawler - Just in case you are not aware...go Rt 50 West from Salisbury (no need for 301...unless you have some extra stops to make) and meet somewhere on 50...maybe hollys. Just trying to save you some time.

Does anyone know if Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc have the long stem harley style mirrors? I am looking for a set that slides right into the door hinge when they are off.

I have the 4" from Rough Country purchased form Bob Supplee for a very good price. Also, if you are interested, I have my 2" lift shackles that I had on before that that you are welcome to have for CHEAP! Let me know.

Anyone have this? Looking for an inexpensive unit for my truck and jeep. This one is only 29.99. Like the size better than the wifes Sportster but just want to see if anyone has experience with it?

Thanks.

I had/have the outland ones and I have not had good luck. The seams have all started to pull out. They did send me a new set but...Also they fade pretty bad.

A few people have recomended the lower cost ones that can be removed and washed...I think Best Top brand???