Posts by tngent

I am trying to find a front drive shaft for an 05 Wrangler Unlimited, don't want to rebuild this one again. Is there a difference between the drive shaft for a TJ and a LJ?

I have only ever gotten the Smittybilt neoprene covers and love them. I still have the original set in the blue beast and they are 8 or 9 yrs old now, yea its time to replace them (starting to look their age). I still have the set from our 2 dr jk sitting here.

1) Stafford
    2) Formud +1
    3) JMack +1
    4) Mabus
    5) Jkjeeper
    6) whatevah +1 sunday only
    7) Kuntryboy816 (tentative)
    8) skeets682 + blackRubi and the dogs(going up Friday through Sunday)
    9) Keith.eric (Sunday only) (very tentative - depending on what this impending fetus decides to do).
    10) Flutterby + 2 kids
    11) Shorebird 18/19 maybe Friday
    12) TheDarkSide +1. Friday - Sunday. Planning on camping but wouldn't mind a bed in your trailer bmf24!
    13) cj8 Friday - Sunday, camping
    14) YJDave + kids (not sure how many)(Days or Kids)
    15) Curly +1 Sunday only
    16) sandtostand + 1 Saturday.Sunday maybe friday
    17) tcatalano +1 sunday
    18) mazer820 +1 sunday
    19) teamsaus +4 Saturday camping/ Sunday 101
    20) NitroRubi +1 Comp plus half day on Sunday; camping
    Friday-Sunday
    21) E-Rock (tentative) +1 prob 2 nights, not sure if sleeping in truck, tent, or hammock
    22) JKGray10 Fri-Sun depending on weather
    23) Tonka- Comp / tentative for camping and sunday wheeling.
    24) DSterk +3 Sunday
    25) Tngent +3 [size=2px]Sunday, two jeeps[/size] (1 Jeep 101 class/1 Jeep trail run)

Wife wants to do the 101 group and i need to make sure everything works right from the accident repair. All new rear axle and some suspension repair.

Not sure is any of the stuff i have would help. I still have the stock parts off our 05 Unlimited. Might even have the shocks. The parts only saw off road once before we put the lift on it and that was at GWNF, so it was more mudding than rock crawling.

Is that a function of the lights themselves, or how they are adjusted / how (un)level your jeeps sit relative to each other...?

I think its cause of the diffence in designs. To me the JWs are made to cover a wider area in front of the jeep and the Quadratec's focus the beam out further.

We have two different brands of leds that we use. On our 2015 we have the [size=0px]JW speakers installed. The wife loves them. On the 2005 i have the Quadratec LEDs installed. I prefer these over the JWs just because they get out further in front of the jeep. Dont get me wrong i like the JWs also. Never had any one flash me when in the 2015 and every now and then i do in the 2005 and as soon as i hit my high beams they shut theirs down real fast. I even have the 2005 driver side light adjusted a little bit lower.[/size]

I am running with out my front drive shaft right now. Pulled it today to change out the u-joints only to find out the the noise i coming from the center yoke. Now i have to figure out how to get it apart. Not going to be easy living in a townhouse so i guess another trip back over to the Dad's so i can use his garage again.

I have one of the original gopros and also one of the hero3 gopros. Love both of them but do have one dislike for the hero3. If the wifi is turned on so that you can use the app on your phone the battery doesn't last very long.

We had planned on going but sadly it looks like going twice in a 2 week time frame caused something to start squealing on the front end of the blue beast. :bang: Have to find the time to disco or pull the front drive shaft and hopefully not get caught doing here in the apartment complex. Hopefully i can try to do it on Sunday if the weather is nice. Never messed with anything after the transmission so its going to be interesting. Guess i need to beef things up before i start beating the heck out of the poor jeep again.