Posts by Gren71

I'm looking at going surf fishing this Saturday, the 28th. My wife and I ( and our dogs) will be on the beach around 0730-0800.

Any and all are welcome to join, shoot me a txt or call and well make sure we get together!

Matt
    302-379-0901

Older topic I know...but this damned tap talk app is just to entertaining to not use it.

I have some isolators in the rear and a small strut mount plate in the front for now..kinda kicked the can down the road for a bit.

I know I need new UCAs if I go any higher so I'm likely to get new front UCAs and then add the 2in spacer lift. I have a larger bump stop in now so I'm set in that area.

If any one with technical expertise is bored around Smyrna I'm not apposed to a beer summit on liberty kk. I'd love for some one to take a look and make sure I'm not setting myself up for failure!

~Matt

I have a hand full of fun stuff..

Kk side steps (used) all original equip and directions on install...asking $150 but will accept offers

kyb oem replacement stocks ( fit kk and kj standard height- +1 in) have four..asking $60 a piece but will take offers.

Kyb oem replacement struts (kk) asking $60 each..will take offers

Kk strut mount plates (top) asking $50 each..taking offers

Two red shock boot covers...two available..asking $10 each..

Pick up only...well, I can meet half way if your in Delaware :)

Email me

Gren71@hotmail.com

What are the general thoughts regarding adding a spacer lift to a small spring lift?

Currently i have +1.5in springs and would like to add 2in spacer to the mix..ive hear a mix of both good and bad things about it.

prepare to not be shocked....I cant make it...

My wife got sick earlier this week and just today decided to go to the doctors..after i started to get sick as well..

Doc tells her she has strep and were both contagious..outstanding right?! :bang:

Needless to say i will not even get to leave the house all weekend..BUT I will want to do my part for the JFJ

HOW can i donate $$ towards the purchase of presents or related costs?

On one of the other web sites i visit for KK mods, they talk often about a "Clevis Lift".

WTH is this?! :bang:

They have descriptions with some pictures, but im not so mechanically enclined with jeeps yet so its all greek to me..does any one know more and/or know how to do one for the price of a quarter keg of your favorite beer? :beer:

well hot darn, a wealth of knowledge here.

The general thought is that its not REALLY worth it, which is a shame. Id like to get more oompf out of the 3.7 but in reality its just fine as is. :8)

I suppose ill save the money for a bigger/better lift or maybe start looking at junk yards for a v8 that MAY fit in my jeep :driving:

Ive got my origonal Tires, Wrangler SR-A w/18k miles on them...If you want them theyre your FREE (Pick up only please) Claimed!

Jeep Liberty Side steps..$100. (Pick up only)
    Used them for a while but my wife didnt like them..so they got remvoed.

Pm me or call/Text
    302-379-0901

Im a memeber of another jeep forum, www.lostjeeps.com , and have learned a ton about my KK on there.

Recently ive been polling the masses on intake options and the general belief is that a performance intake has provides little to no change to the vehicle...this seems counter intuitive to me.

That being said, id like to know if any one else agrees/disagrees?

Since doing the lift id like to move on to the engine and get a little more oompf out of it. The pipes from the headers back are good sized and have very few bends, non of which are sharp, so are in good condition for just replacing the muffler and the intake for a performance upgrade.

its only 2.5in, but much higher and my KK will end up with drive train issues after around 15-20k miles. so im about as high as ill be :shrug:

So far i have a spacer lift in my jeep..its started to sag so im going for the better world of a spring lift. Here is what ive got sofar.

General Grabber AT2s

Old Man EMU springs 2.5in lift

2x Skyjacker skocks
    4x red boots
    1x Tranny skid plate

As for the front struts...the upper plate of the Day Star lift adds a lot of length to the front struts so its my understanding that i dont need to replace them. am not really %100 on not replacing the as well because my shop already has to take off the old ones to replace the current springs on them..so i MAY get new ones..But i can seem to find any struts for a 2010 KK that are at least up to +3 in on em...