Posts by wrangler13

yeah i just almost dont wanna get rid of my yj just to get a 6cyl. just from an emotinol attatchment ive spent os many hours and late nights fixing it up. being up till 2 in the morning working on it and 7 hrs later working on it agian. and because my dad helps me with it 2 here and thier and thats like the only time i can think of us working together or something. you know it adds up its my first vehicle. and im sure you can all think back to high school and wishing you had kept that mustang or cj or camaro rite?? i dont know ill probally keep my yj
    but i must say thank you everyone for all the advice and help.

thanks for all the help everyone. it is all helping a lot.. i really dont know what to do. but im just gonna keep reading the posts witch are helpinga lot cause you guys are really great help

1984 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler for sale. My wife bought it for me but is more of a project than I'm looking to tackle now, and the original seller also didn't disclose certain things. This is definitely a project, but it runs and drives fine, I've worked out most of the mechanical stuff the origianl seller decided to "omit" but there's still some things which I will note here. Needs a bunch of body work... front drivers fender needs to be replaced and needs floor pans in the front. There are about 15 places of bubbling paint which should be sanded down, filled and repainted. Frame has rust and has been repaired. Seems solid but it's had plate steel welded all along it and is double framed in the rear. Gauges need to be hooked up as do the 4 KC lights on the roll bar. Tub itself is in pretty decent shape otherwise. Brakes and steering are excellent, new battery and exhaust. The main mechanical issue still outstanding is a small leak from the valve cover. The gasket should be replaced before driving a long distance. Interior is in pretty good shape, original seats, original center console, new carpet.

here is what he said about what needs done and etc maybe it will help????

well it seems like 10 for the yj and 1 for the scrambler. and i tried using the spell check and a pop up comes up. and sorry for my typing. im trying. but the drivers fender needs replaced. the doors are a bit rusted. the interior looks nice.
    but now that people tell me that trying to swap a 6 cyl. in where a 4 cyl. was is hard that sucks. cause thats what i wanted to do. now seeming like getting the cj8 is better??

and couldnt i just takes rhino liner, tuff liner. herculiner etc and put it on the etc and it would look pretty good. it be affortable and look better then the rust and be faster??

its so hard to figure out what to do
    he personally didnt fix the frame. he had someone do it. any questiong i should ask him any questions you can give me to ask would help . i dont wanna get a project that i cant fix up myself thanks a lot for any help

sorry for any mispells i may have done

why are the cj8 so exspensive??? and it seems like everyone likes the scrambler way better. but i guess ill think about it for a few days. hes in no rush to get rid of it.. sorry about the spelling

so i need help decideing a guy wants to trade me his 81cj8 for my 95yj and im not sure what to do please helpe

here is what my yj has done to it and whats wrong

fresh tuffy liner in the tub
    undercoating on enitre underbody
    33s mud terrains on steelys
    2.5l 4 cyl
    5 spd maual trans
    un i need some body work done on drivers side.
    needs dash rewiring but i can just tuck it under dash
    hard top
    soft top
    half doors
    new 6 inch bestop flares
    new radiator

his 81 cj
    its a lot rareer? rite?????
    4 kc lights
    all stock
    needs a lot of body work.
    frame has had repairs d to rust through damage
    interior looks good
    drivers fender needs replaced
    sais runs and shifts good.
    has half cab top
    full doors
    tube bumpers
    tacks and gauges need to be hooked up

what should i do dhould i trade and just put rhino liner on the exterior of the jeep on the cj8 to fix rust and just replace fender and go over it or shoulld i get it and do a noew body etc and spend the money on it?? idk what to do can you guys please help me thanks

if you can text me 302 853 5743 what u think it be quicker since i have dial up but here is fine thanks for any help

very nice. just if you dont mind me asking how much did you spend on it?? i have a buddy thats in love with my yj but thinks its cheaper to buy an xj wich im sure it is. but i couldnt give him an accurate price range.

alritey thanks for the help. any other good info anyone could give me? things to buythat will help me ? like arent thier little odds and ends you can buy to connect the 2 seperate cords instead of just twisting them to gether?? and thank sahara

ya well a guy im in the fire dept with was spose to come and help me out but he is mr do everything else then help me kinda guy. im offering to spend moeny on someone to rewire it for me. its just a pain int eh arse. i just get sick of trying to teach my self to drive manual and having wires hitting my legs. because the previous owner of this jeep sounded like a damn crack head he sounded like boomheour from king of the hill. he was a idiot. just someone anyone out thier help a fellow jeester out.

I HAVE NO SENCE IN WIRING ANYTHING LIKE I HAVE NO CLUE ON WHAT 2 DO WITH IT. sorry for the caps. but ya i have no idea whats wrong where and i have so many hanging black cords and idk waht goes to what

i have a 95 yj and as many of you may know of its one of those things where anything that can go wrong does go wrong. i need to re wire my dash thiers cords everywhere my speedoetor doesnt work my tacs lighhts dont work SOMEONE HELP PLEASE text if you can rewire it for me or help 302 853 5743 thanks

i cant figure out how toput my post on the looking for parts. my number is 302 853 5743 i have a 95 wrangler yj with half doors im looking for full doors a radio a rad im looking 4 a lot so give me a text if you have anything 2 trade or sell thanks