Posts by Tikana1g

Jeep parts from a stock 1992 wrangler YJ

Complete dana 35 rear axle (includes new brakes and drums)
    Dana 30 front axle shafts
    Dana 30 diff cover
    Dana 30 ring and pinion w/carrier
    Rear drive shaft

Make me an offer

Hey guys-

I'm looking to swap out my Dana 35 junk and replace it with a Dana 44.

In looking for a used Dana 44 (preferably already to drop in). Also would like to keep the 5 lug pattern if possible (I know, im such a diva)

Anyone have one just happening to be ready to sell? If not any suggestions in Delaware to find one?

So the funny part for all the haters is that this jeep is garage kept, has $7000.00 of "bolt-on's" Any true jeep person knows that an engine rebuild kit is roughly $400.00 and maybe $300 in machine shop work. Even better is that it is all professionally installed, not a hack job at the least. In fact has won best of show at many local auto shows. The engine is an easy cheap fix compared to all the work done. Also it leaves the new owner to do a swap it they felt the need.

The jeep runs fine but has miles on it, the recommendation to rebuild is someone being open and honest. He could have easily put "runs smooth". I give credit to honesty and for a guy who is willing to tell the facts.

Let's be careful of slamming our own members for trying to sell a nice rig.

Has anyone compleated the 5.3 conversion? How in the weeds is the rewiring? Can you still use the factory guages? I think with the 4.0 and the 4.3 you can use all the factory guages knowing the tach needs a mod to convert it to a chevy.

Ok, so I have spent hours looking at engine swap information (to many sites and no one follows up with the success story). I defiantly do not need an 8cyl. But I want something that I will not fear my life with when I cross the summit bridge.

That being said, I think I have landed on the Chevy 4.3 swap but I thought I would ask the team prior to spending money and finding out it was a waste time. Can anyone provide some advice; Im looking for something simple, not a wiring nightmare and will be great on trails and on the highway. I already did swap from the AX5 to the AX15 so I think I’m in good shape from the trans back.

I figured someone has had great success and has found the perfect balance between power ,reliability and ease of installation.
    Any insight would be helpful. Also, what year motors should I be looking for?

For what it is worth, I ordered from Quadratec today (obviously mentioning Im a member) and presto.... no shipping fees with next day delivery. I was glad to hear that because I have a allot more to order and the save will go right back to them in the form of another order.

Hopefuly this post helped with that decision. As a group im sure we order enough from quadratec to waive shipping fees in addition to the existing member discount.