Posts by Fiend78

Did you use the t/c bracket with the body lift? also changing from the factory rubber motor mounts to poly motor mounts it will transmit much more vibrations into the cab which you will definatly notice at idle

The instructions told me I didn't need that bracket since I was using motor mounts. My new motor mounts are mainly metal and not rubber like the factory ones so I figured that was were the virbration is coming from. I also got the death wobble really bad today coming home from work. I was told if I take it to go get it aligned it might help with the death wobble stuff and it needs to be done anyway. I just can't seem to find the time to take it up to the shop since they open after I go to work and close before I get home.

Well I finally got around to lifting my jeep and now something just doesn't seem to be right. I can't seem to figure out whats wrong with it, and was hoping you guys who have more experience and knowledge with this stuff can point me in the right direction, as too what's wrong.

Just some background information I installed a JKS 1.25" body lift, a Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift and a 1" Brown dog motor mount lift. After it was all installed and the new tires were put on I took it for a drive and it rode and sounded completely different which what I sorta expected. My problem is when I take off it makes this god awful sound. Just sounds like metal banging and grinding together. It just doesn't sound good. It only seems to happen when I first take off though. Also it vibrates really bad but only when I am just sitting there. Once I start moving it goes away. I sorta figured that out to be because of the new motor mounts. One time when I was driving home I got the death wobble. Luckily it happened right next to a shop. They looked at it and tightened my wheels and that seemed to help. Still whenever I go over some bumps I feel it wobble a little but it corrects itself.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas of what could be wrong I would appreciate it.

-Caitlin

Are you talking about offroad lights? I have a light bar and I failed my first inspection because I didn't have them covered. The guy just let me put trash bags over them and go through though. A few months ago I took it in again and I passed. The guy said he wasn't going to give me a hard time about it but the lights do need to be covered, and if a cop wanted to he could give me a pretty big ticket for them not being covered. I have tried finding covers for mine but can't seem to find the right size.

Fiend
    Are you planning on doing any Rock Crawling in your jeep?
    If So, you front bumper is going to be an issue with how far it is from the Grill and will affect the approach angle

Yeah I know. Several people have already mentioned this to me before. I designed the thing myself back in 12th grade. It was my senior project which determined if I graduated or not. I wasn't taking any of that into consideration at the time. I went to rausch creek back in October and just stuck to the blue and green trails I think it was and it did fine. I don't really plan on doing anything extreme in my jeep for a while. It's my daily driver.

Fiend78 u should start a side biz running guys jeeps through the dmv Haha.

Haha, I did hear that the guys line I went through was a big flirt. But my dads friend just lifted his jeep and right after he did someone ran into it when it was parked and just ruined everything. It bent the springs and a weld broke on the frame. The insurance company totaled it but he bought it back and we fixed the weld and he had to take it back through inspection and it passed even with his tires hanging out 5". We measured them before he went through. He was just taking it through to get the extension too.

I believe these are the same ones I bought off ebay. I planned on doing the rear with the rear set they have but I just never got around to doing it and I had my stock flares painted black in the rear when I painted my jeep orange and I think it looks alright.

You can spend another $100 and they will build them for you.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-t…p=mtr&hash=item4ab361ab40

-Caitlin

Clearly you have a significant advantage. Did you ever get a lift on it? I know you were talking about it after you let Brad roll a bead on it.

I finally got the suspension lift and steering stabilizers which is what I have been waiting on. My dad and I were going to put it on this weekend but he forgot it was superbowl weekend and he is going to that wing bowl Friday so It got pushed back to the following weekend. So I am hoping then we can put it on. He wants to start it friday night and be done sunday afternoon or evening. We have the MML, body and suspension lift and steering stabilizers to put on. Then I can finally put on the 33s that have been sitting in the garage since June lol.

-Caitlin

I put some on my jeep over the summer because I was painting the whole thing and didn't like the chalked look of the stock flares. Plus one of mine was cracked from the previous owner. I think they have made my jeep look a million times better. I got the DIY kit to save $100. As for the DMV I think they aren't caring as much or I just got lucky. My jeep should of failed for 4 differen't things. I didn't have any side markers with my new flares, my tires stuck out more than 3" from the flares, I don't have a 3rd brake light (some people tell me I don't need one and some say I do) and my overhead lights don't have covers. I took it through to fail and get a 30 day extension and I ended up passing.

-Caitlin

I am sure you could find some pool noodles online. Or Namco might still have them but I am not sure since summer is coming to an end. Or maybe if your up for just making it look different paint your roll bar a different color. That's what I am doing.