Posts by zachv

Quote from "Rob Smith"

I just want to learn to do it myself.

Rob, the more the merrier. As a business person I feel that the more quality fabricators out there will just make the sport grow quicker and that there is more work out there than a decent amount of people can handle. As a Jeeper, I feel that more people out there with the correct tools and knowledge will just make people safer as we take our vehicles where we did not think possible a few years ago. Just think, a few years ago a Smittybuilt add-on front hoop was considered radical and more than sufficient. That just is not the case any more

With my little bit of knowledge, comparatively, if there is ever anything I can do to help when you get started with your bender please feel free to ask. Bending 101 is great, but there are things left out that make things go quicker.

BTW, jwalker, you may want to consider a helmet. Not because of the cage, but I am sure that there are some guys that would love to do you in to get a chance at that cute Jeep chick you are associated with. :spinrhead:

Rob, you are correct in your estimation. Ian is also correct in his statement. That tie-in is welded to 1/8" material, i.e. the frame so the welds would rip the frame apart first. To do that the whole Jeep body would have to collapse, every tube would have to bend, and I think I would rather die than live from the roll that caused all that damage.

Tie-ins are hard to not go "overkill". They are a balance of trying to keep ground clearance while still being strong. I have been playing with different designs for a while.

We would love to venture into more XJ/ZJ stuff, but seem to have challenges finding time to R&D the products. I just made a set of XJ rocker guards that seemingly worked out nicely for the owner. The main problem is that I would prefer to do formed steel pieces for the LWB Jeep bumpers and it is hard to develop and manufacture what I want at a decent price.

Quote from "XJ99"

zach, ever thought about some kinda cage like that for an XJ? I havent done much research on cages but It'd be nice to have some protection for mine.

I would love to know what your first reply was. :yevil:

We would love to do an XJ cage, but it would have to be a full cage since there is no starting point like in a SWB Jeep. I had someone interested a few months ago, but never heard from him again... If interested please contact me and we will see what you are looking for.

Thanks.

Quote from "99TJSahara"

Id be willing to purchase the tubing so that i can weld them in my self. Kind of like the poison spyder unit, but i want through the dash.

That is what we were thinking. I was looking to price the complete kit at $225. That would include four floor plates to sandwich the floor top and bottom, the bars that run through the dash, the replacement bars that the door surrounds use, two overhead stringers, a dash bar, a windshield bar, and two handles. Plus instructions. There would be minimal fitting due to differences in each Jeep, but any notching or cutting would only be straight cuts so no compound cuts.

For you guys that have seen or have the kits let me know what you think. I am thinking that is ~$100 less than PSC's plus it comes with more and is stronger.

BTW, if anyone ever wants/needs decals please e-mail me directly and I will get them right out. I am hot and cold on the forums due to work load so I may not see all posts.

Thanks!

Rob, I have owner my JD2 Model 3 for three years now and it is a great unit. With that said I would recommend getting the 105HD. I like how they have designed it to start the bend perpindicular to the main bars to gauge bend angle easier. I have used a 105 and it is a real sweet unit. Definitely go hydro. I did the super cheap air-over-hydro engine hoist ram for years and just switched to a big ass ram with a nasty pump. The hoist ram was fine, but I always felt it was going to let me down so I had the true hydro parts ready to go. On Friday the hoist ram dies while doing some cage work for Jwalk and the new system is much mo bettah.

Chris, thanks for posting the pics. If you don't mind I may copy some and use them for advertising our new "shippable" TJ cage additions. Between yours, Dave's, and the one we just did for Jason I think we have the dimensions down to where I can send the pieces out and someone can have them welded together at their location. I have been real hesitant on that to this point because there are some critical fitments, but I think we have them down pretty good.

If you guys have any opinions or recommendations I may have missed please let me know.

Thanks.

BTW, Matty, if you order a set of rockers and do not love them I will get them back from you. The reputation with our DEJA friends and customers means more to me than selling another set of rockers.

:flag:

Ian, thanks for the post and I am really glad that you are happy. The seat thing had me scared so I am releived that it all worked out. :spinrhead:

We would really like to thank our DEJA customers--I have not met a bad person from the group and you guys, and ladies, really have a great reputation in the community. If ya'll have a yearly event or something like that I would like to donate some things for a raffle, etc., for a good cause. I do not know who I would talk to for that, but if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone. We try real hard to make people happy and if we ever fall short please let me know.

Happy 4th of July!! :flag:

Hello there, DEJAians. I was told to come and check this thread out. I need to come to ths forum more often, there is some really great people and good info.

Anyway, thanks to those that have recommended us to others--it is great customers like you that make our company work. Also, I wanted to let everyone know that we recently revamped our TJ rockers to have full coverage on the bottom and also some other additions also. Here is a new bottom pic that shows them better:

We also deleted the option of having the countersunk hardware as they all come drilled for countersunk hardware now and we include stainless steel hardware to complete the installation.

As always, we offer a 10% discount to DEJA members in good standing on any item available for retail sales on the site. Just e-mail me before you order. We cannot do that on custom fabrication because we have such low rates as it is. :rollsmile:

Thanks again for all of the support and we look forward to serving you in our new shop in PA, near rausch Creek and Paragon.

:up:

Quote from "clendaniel"

--Ian

Ian, where are you at? I hope all is well. I have been trying to locate/e-mail you for a few weeks now and someone mentioned that you were a DEJA dude. Please call me.

BTW, thanks to everyone for the kind words on our work. I don't get a chance to get to this forum much so I saw this when I was trying to find Ian. We pretty much do whatever the customer wants and work with their budgets. After having done some cowl-mounted cages and full TJ cages I have realized that it is much better to go through the dash, even with a front cage addition. Hardly anything is interrupted and the floor space taken up is minimal.
    Without "pimping" too much, if we can help anyone please shoot me an e-mail or call the number on the site. We have recently gone full-time since we have a real shop now so scheduling should be easier.

Thanks again! :peace:

Quote from "bmf24"

looks good. now you need to let me make you a new front bumper.

I was thinking the same thing. :laughing: I almost threw one on there just out of pity for the rest of the nice Jeep to have to be seen with that piece of schrapnel he has on there. :sniffle:

BTW, BMF24, you guys do some real nice work, based on what I see on the site. With all of that old Landcruiser stuff on there you would die in Colorado. I was out there again in September and I could barely turn my head without seeing a gorgeous all-original FJ of some sort. It made me sick!

Not trying to pimp, but we looked at that same situation when we were designing our YJ rockers and thought the same thing--"Why did Jeep do this???"

What we have decided was to make the YJ rockers go from wheelwell-to-wheelwell. That way the customer has some options. If they don't run flares(common out West) they are good to go and if they want to keep their stock flares they can install them right over the rocker guard base piece and drill the holes for the bolt for the flares. This way the flare just has a little 3/16" rise around the rocker. I don't have any pics, but if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

Good luck.