Posts by zachv

I have been wanting to fab a tire carrier of my own. What did you use for the hinge and latch and where did you get it. It is the only thing that I can't picture in my head in terms of design?

Joe posted a way to do one, if you have the parts, but we also offer them for the DIY builder. The hinge assembly, rated for 1K lbs. is here: http://www.atozfabrication.com…4a2e33aa3414f0d97a48fd0fb and the latch assemblies are here: http://www.atozfabrication.com…4a2e33aa3414f0d97a48fd0fb

Mr. Lovette, it is always a pleasure working for you. Let me know when you are ready for the cage in that beast. ;)

I love Tellico and have a totally different opinion from Aaron. Some weekends do get very busy, especially if one of the big clubs is having a ride that day, but if you like to watch a show it is a good time. The trails are usually very open on the weekdays and there are some very tough and fun trails there. Usually we try to get at least 2-3 non-weekend days wheeling and then wheel/watch on a Saturday before heading home. I would be up for a trip, maybe, since I missed my scheduled trip there 3 weeks ago. Also, BMJA is going to Harlan, KY as their long distance run this year in September and that is also an awesome place and definitely worth the trip if you want to come with us. Plus, it is about 3 hours shorter than Tellico.

Jason, I don't see any advantage of a Rock Jock axle, even for the bling application. We broke one last year and I feel that Currie just does not build the best axles. I feel bad saying that after having met them and think they are great guys, but I feel there are stronger and better looking axle assemblies out there. These front and rear would be sweet and strong.

Our mounting systems are more stout, our clevis mounts are thicker and the clevis mounts and receivers are welded through both sides of the bumper, our hinge assembly utilizes roller bearings, and not just bushingsand our powdercoating is professionally done after properly being blasted and etched. There are other differences, but those are the primary ones.

In addition, we are going to be having a smoking special on these in April here as part of a combo. Keep your eyes open for that. ;)

Also, we can have them powdecoated in a black texture.
    Thanks.
    Zach.

There was one on a JK at Quad and the thing wobbled like CRAZY. I don't know if they are all like that, but...

Also, I don't know if it matters to anyone else, but I have a buddy that used to work for them and he says that Fab Fours is not willing to support their local clubs to any extent. IMO, if you are going to be working in a certain industry you should like the groups enough to want to work with them.

Hope it helps.

Zach? Have any left?

Shoot me an e-mail or call the shop. We had a few people back out of the initial buy-in so we have about five sets left. I cannot post prices because we are offering this batch below the minimum advertiseable price.

Thanks for mentioning us, Joe. I appreciate it.

You should be able to have a tire carrier added to your existing bumper and then just have everything re-powdercoated in the texture black you like. The bumper would have to be baked first, but most good coating shops have that ability.

Call Brian Moyer, the President of BMJA, at Outten Jeep in Hamburg, PA. He sold me my 39.5" Iroks cheaper than ANYONE could even get close to. Just don't tell him that Zach sent you or you will pay a premium and have to touch his backside when you go to get them. :laughing:

Josh, I have not noticed any mount location differences with all of the cages we have done with those year Jeeps. I know they changed the padding and I "think" they may have more "crushed" areas of tube on the 2003 and newer versions, but I cannot confirm that.

You are not getting a "mandrel" bender for $1K. A true mandrel bender has an apparatus in the tube during the bending procedure that does not allow any deformation of the tube. They are generally not necessary in what we do and you were probably not asking about a true mandrel bender, but I thought you should have the correct definition.

Anyway, a JD2 Model 3 and the Pro-tools units are actually "rotray draw" benders. These benders are very common and create high quality bends in tubing that can be used for roll cages and frames, among myriad other applications. We have had our Model 3 for a little over four years and the frame and dies are still in great shape after thousands of bends. I used to say that PT and JD2 were equal and it was just a choice of what a person fancied, but with the new material that JD2 is using I feel they have taken the lead. I have bent with both units, and both are great to work with, but the solid steel followers on the Pro-tools units can get gouged over time and create scratches in the tube during bening, but the new alloy on the JD2 followers can "absorb" small debris and not scratch the tubing for a much nicer operation.

Getting a bender can be a BUNCH of fun. When I got mine I had no intentions of starting a fabrication business, but you should be aware that you will likely have ~$1K into a setup after buying a the bender and enough dies to do anything decent. Add another $1K+ to go full hydro so you don't have to row, row, row your tube just to get a bend.

If I can be of any further help please feel free to ask.

Just FYI, but we can install one of our swingaways into a Warn rear bumper and have done a few of them. They work out nicely. If interested please call or e-mail.

:Sorry, pimping over:

TNT are great guys with great products. I was out in their shop right when they were going full-time and Bob really knows his stuff. I think I may be able to get dealer pricing if a few of you guys wanted to get some sets. I recommend them to anyone that asks me what tube fenders they should get when they can't get their Jeep to me.

umm, no. and full circle couldnt build anything that nice.

Whoa, that is a little harsh, isn't it? I like Jesse, and everything he builds, but I would never discount what Dave can do like that. When he built Charlies rig it was on the same level as anything else built that year and Devon's rig is pretty sick.

Just thought I would stick up for a local shop that buils some sick stuff.

Why is everyone saying to bid so high?? Doesn't she just want it gone? I would start at $500 and see what she says. Does she need the money real bad or have receipts for everything? Basically, let her come up with a price. Not that I am saying to screw an old lady, but the value of something is only determined by what someone is willing to pay and what the seller says it is worth.