Posts by zachv

Respectfully, I disagree. I always run 12.50 tires on 8" rims and think it is the best width. I have a buddy that runs 38x14.5 Swampers on 8" rims with great results. You can run that 12.50 on a 7" rim as a spare, but watch the air pressure. You may want to run a little lower than normal because a narrow wheel will ahevthe crown of the tire more round than a wider wheel will so the center tread can wear quicker if fully inflated. For example, run 20PSI on a narrow rim where you would run 25-30PSI or a wider rim.

your email server rejects everything... Error message is "451 Could not complete sender verify callout".

Really, I have not heard that before. ??? I get 20-50 e-mails a day so I wonder if there is an issue between our particular internet providers. I apologize for the inconvenience.

You can always call the shop at 570-385-3931 also. The problem with PMs on this site is that I do not get notifications of new ones so if I don't come here I have no idea there is a message.

Josh, I can sell you a real Advance Adapter SYE and Tom Woods driveshaft, but I can't post the price on a public forum because it is under allowable advertisable pricing. If interested, please e-mail me directly as I don't get PM notifications from this site.

Be careful on your SYE purchase because many are offering Chinese units with off-brand bearings and questionable shafts.

Thanks, Andrew.

I am unclear on what exactly you are looking for, but I am sure we could put something together for you. Shoot me an e-mail or call the shop and we will see what we can do.

Zach.

Just to help out if you get five rigs, or more, together that want/need cage additions we will put a package together for a discounted price. We also offer Corbeau seats and harnesses and the harnesses that I have in my own rig can be clipped in and out so you wouldn't need them in there all the time.

Chris, before you go about setting rules and such I would contact the park/location where you intend to hold the event as they may have insurance requirements that may dictate your rules to a point. Also, I don't know how DEJA is setup, but there may be responsibilities on the club if it is listed as a club event. Unfortunately, insurance and lawers dictate much of our world these days.

Chris, I don't know how much cross-club participation ya'll want to do, but BMJA organized an "On the Rocks" friendly comp this past summer and it was AWESOME. I have competed in UROC where I was greatly disappointed in the lack of fun with that, but BMJA had it set up as teams with five vehicles in each team and the vehicles were placed in teams so as to keep things fair. You may want to contact the President of the club for any help or details. I think they are planning on doing it again next year so maybe we can combine clubs.

Either way, if you guys do put something together I would be interested in talking to the organizer about possibly sponsoring or helping out with the event.

Most quality synth line makers, like Winchline.com, which I can get at reduced rates, use a heat shield on the first few wraps as standard procedure. I have only heard heat being an issue a few years ago with users in the high-heat areas, like AZ, when used under prolonged uses. You should be fine with a standard line and of all the orders we have placed with customers I have never had anyone have any issues.
    Let me know if I can help on the order as I am placing one with the supplier real soon.

Tony, give me a call at the shop this week when you get a chance. We have a nice dealer program that works well with small shops like what you are starting.

Zach.
    AtoZ Fabrication
    570-385-3931

Quote from "Keith_C"

What makes them "modular" ?

mod·u·lar ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mj-lr)
    adj.
    Of, relating to, or based on a module or modulus.
    Designed with standardized units or dimensions, as for easy assembly and repair or flexible arrangement and use: modular furniture; modular homes.

I think this is their definition of modular. Those link ends are rebuildable if/when they wear. Also, they can make the same link with the flex joint or a poly bushing still using the same main tube.

Just my thought.

We will be there as a Vendor with special pricing and offers. One big offer will be for anyone wearing one of our new t-shirts to get in on a raffle for a $300 gift cert. If interestedi n getting a t-shirt, please e-mail me. :innocent:

I am wracking my brain trying to think of what you can do with wire rope that you cannot do with synthetic cable. Cut your hands on a burr? Wind it in over itself and crush the line and make a birdsnest? Have it snap in half and slice off someones head while the winched vehicle rolls backwards killing another person?

Am I close? :shrug:

I have a customer that is replacing his brand new wire cable with synthetic and may be looking to sell his new cable. If interested shoot me an e-mail and I will put you into contact with him.

I just spoke to Adam at Clayton and he said that for the YJ thay have a kit that they are coming out with, but not for the average consumer until next year. They are willing to sell the kit to dealers that are fab shop if the shop is doing the install because there are some areas that need to be custom. Pricing depends on if you would rather keep traditional coil springs or if you are willing to cut throught the rear floor for coilovers.

Very nice work. That must have been fun welding all of those little gussets in there. I bet this is what Brian's eyes looked like after making sure he got all of the joints fully welded-> :rolleyes:

Andrew/Brian, what did you guys do for the dash vent tubes? The first TJ cage that we did I put the A-pillars in those spots and we had to delete the vent tubes and the owner never did fix it. SInce then I have been putting the A-pillars more towards the outside to clear the vents. Also, have you put the door surrounds on yet? I am thinking the grab handle may be right where the front foot of the door surround has to be--YJs can be such a pain as they are just sooo tight to make everything fit.

Andrew, if you get a chance, take a picture from a balcony/high spot of the cage work for Brian's site. We have had great results with those shots as they show the work best.

Good luck with it. :up:

Quote from "85cj7"

...like the bracket and so on ....

I am curious as to what you would use from the junk yard for brackets? I wonder because I cannot think of one stock application that would be beefy enough or close enough to make a 4-link system work on a CJ.

BTW, the best place that I have found recently for brackets etc. is http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/index.php I hate to pimp(yeah, right...), but we get a discount there so if anyone needs anything for a custom application shoot me an e-mail. The pricing they have makes custom making brackets not worthwhile since one-offs just take soo much time.