Posts by zachv

Seriously, please stop driving this vehicle!! If the other CA snaps you will loose steering control and cannot just do serious damage to your vehicle, but also to others driving near you. If the other side snaps there will be nothing keeping the front axle from rotating anywhere it wants to go and can rip the lower arms off while also taking out the brake lines.

Ask around, there are probably tons of people near you that can give you a stock set for near free if you cannot splurge for an upgraded set.

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the Cummins engine. It is lifted 2" in the front to level out the truck, but looks bigger. Currently has 285/75R16 tires, but can fit the 35" tires. Green with silver bottom and a green fiberglass bed cover. Nice truck.
    Let me know if I can help.

Quote from "joo"

so....whats this about fire?

We had a fire next to our shop that burnt a customers hardtop to a pile of white fiber. I cannot say enough for block buildings--we had NO internal damage. (Thank you, God!)

On the cage issue, I disagree with Turtle a little. PSC's cage is "decent" for what it is, but I would not run black trails at Paragon with one. My main problem with them is not the cowl-mount, which I am not a big fan of either, but it is the fact that they use the stock windshield spreaders. That tube is not structurally rated, per a Jeep engineer, and I have brought this up with the owner of PSC and also his webmaster, but they do not care. That is a failure in my book. Simply replacing those two tubes and adding a few gussets would make that cage a BUNCH better.

Now for my pitch. We offer DIY weld-in cage additions, like Turtle's, for $300, with some options on top of that. That includes a lot of tube and does it correctly by going through the dash. We offer that same cage addition for $575 installed.

Personally, I would not weld in a PSC kit if a customer already had the kit as it is too much of a liability and I am not willing to give up my business for someone elses shoddy product.

In the topic, you had asked about long arms, but said that a Clayton kit was too much. In what respect? If you do decide to go with a LA upgrade give me a shout as we offer Clayton kits at the maximum discount we are allowed by Clayton.

We will be working on making a unit like this to see what we can do. The only problem with the Tomken design is that there is not much strength. A true bumper-mounted stinger/winch protector is usually best, but we will see how it comes out.
    Thanks.

Omaha, I know, I suck and I feel really bad about not calling you back. I thought I wrote the number down and then deleted the message... and then forgot to PM you. (Please God, give me my brain back...)

We are really trying to get away from doing tube fenders, but I am still a whore and hate to turn down business so we may be able to make exceptions. My problem with them is not about profit, but that out of the sets that we have done I have never been "totally" happy with how the sheetmetal skins turned out on the extended flare type. I have never seen another company do any better, but when we get done I just never have that "now THAT is sweet work" feel. I am not sure why.

Anyway, we do have a TJ coming in next week for a cage and tube fenders so I guess we are still doing them, on a limited custom basis. If I can help get ahold of me or let me know your number again and we can go from there.

Thanks.
    Zach.

I will have to tell the pizza shop to stop buying so many wings when we finally get that thing done. :rollsmile:

BTW, tell Aaron to give me a call tomorrow when he gets a chance if he still wants that cage work done. We just booked five cages for March and early April so squeezing stuff in is getting tough.

:Hi-jack over:

We have many items in stock in raw steel, but powdercoating will add 2-3 weeks. I have round and Yaffy-style steps ready to go and YJ bases so whatever you decide is great.
    Thanks.