Posts by 1991yj

I have had the qtec cover king covers for my tj going on three summers now, can't complain at all just a little hot in the summer. Anyone that was with me during ocean city jeep week can vouch for the fact my jeep was "full" of mud and water, I just took them out and hosed them off, they came out like new. I usually have the top down in the warmer months without doors, when jeep sits for a couple of days I do loosely put the top up. This may cut back on surface as I haven't had any fading issues

I can vouche for it. So was his tranny.... girlfriend... him... ateering wheel.... and about anything else that he had haha. One more thing. I got the best top ones on amazons scratch and dent. I love them. Only bad thing is if it rains and you dont have the top on you have a swimming pool in the seats because they are water proof.

My favorite rod to date was a $79.00 10' ugly stick, it had a matching Shakespeare reel which lasted about 5 seasons of saltwater abuse. I finally broke down and bought a Shimano baitrunner for it is still in service today... As far as debating reels, you can't go wrong with Shimano, Penn or Okuma they are all good.
    I honestly get the most enjoyment of having a guy set up next to me with $2,500.00 of gear that has no idea of what they are doing watching us catch fish after fish on our Walmart and Dick's outfits. I honestly don't believe that luck has anything to do with finding the fish, if you learn to read the surf, you WILL find the fish. Now the size of the fish is where the luck rolls in. Whether all we caught were spot and some trout or big rays or blues, I can't remember catching anything less than a dozen fish every time that we were out, and that is without picking up and moving up and down the beach every hour.
    Last season I was on the beach every other weekend or so due to my girlfriends school schedule, due to her leg injury there will be no class til fall.... I expect to be on the beach every weekend, can't wait..... until the tight lines !

yeah bob we had a good season last year.... remember its all about scooter haha.

:fishing: ive learned alot thru trial and error.. I use conventional about 99% of the time you never know when you wanna launch into deeper waters on a hot day.. waters cooler out there a few degrees in temperature can put a fish in lockjaw and not wanna hit crap. But if course I gotta go back to bob flipping coin weights and blood worms in the surf like 2 feet out and catching doubles of spots... baiting and long lining them out and hooking into what I refer to as a whale. We never saw it but it cleared the beach haha... if your living in the dover area we could meet uo and grab a few beers and talk fishing. Im always at abar somewhere in the area.

Ive heard alot of good reports on macklin.... I goto kings tire and lube in milford.. My uncle owns the place so its rather moot to go anywhere else. Also try tire rack.com

Yeah I have a few I wouldnt mind seeing going to someone who wants to learn and use it. Oh and melissa used to fish with a 30 dollar fishing rod and outfish hookedonthebay and me all the time. Its all about patience and knowing where to cast. Surf fishing isnt just throw it out and pray. If you jnow what to look for you will be very productive.

The tournament is the one through del surfish, winner gets a free registration to War on the Shore. The real reason I want a new rod is my current setup works great for bait, but not so much when it comes to plugs and spoons. I will probably stay spinning. I have conventional for the boat and one for bass fishing personally just don't like have the feel when fighting a fish.

Yeah heard about that tournament and the other one. Not interested in supporting that guy at all. Thought you were talking about old inlets spring classic. Im trying to figure out how that guy from dsf is going to get all the money for this considering hes burnt just about every bridge with localcand regional vendors. Just about 98% of the local long liners,rock jockeys and surf anglers wanna see him hanging high from the oak tree lol. Im banned from his sight for voicing my opinion on how much of a fraud he is. Just saying be careful associating with him or anything hes affiliated with theres alot of behind the scenes lawyer stuff going on with him.

Dunno I used the bass pros freshwater reels and not overly impressed with them. The bearings are poop. Coventional reels are good if your throwing spoons or something that isnt as wind resistant while your starting they are not a forgiving reel at all and you will be picking birds nest out all day. Fyi and if your investing because of this tourney.... its not the gear its the angler. Hookedonthebay and I have been side by side and he has been more productive due to the fact he found the sweet spot. Its all about reading rips and waves.

Im thinking everyone is forgetting its a ford.... just saying. 98% of thier "work load" vehicles crap out at around 150k miles. My company had a fleet of ford work trucks and we couldnt wait to get rid of them. They were horrible. Now we run dodge and chevys. If its a ford im stsying away from it flat out.

Mojos are a graphite rod also. Just I have personally broke one in a cast. Ive seen my buddy snap one pulling a shark out of the surf also. I think tica makes a great rod also. Ive broke 3 of those too. Got to the point to were bill at bill sports shop gave me my money back and told me I need to have custom ones made. Also were you thinking of going conventional or spinning because that can change how your rod choices go. Conventional is a more durable reel and requires a very high skill level compared to a spinning. Theres alot to thing about when it comes to this. Feel free to call me anytime you want if you want information. 3022763596.

I wouldnt put to much weight on the mojo it breaks easily. Personally melissa runs a penn fierce and a 10 ft penn fisher cost about 150 with line. And she has done well with it. Always go for a rod rated for 4-6 ozs. Thats all youll be tossing unless your running plugs or lures. Then go with a star rod or shimano. Youll still be in the 150$ range but you can ask hookedonthebay it seems like the biggest fish hit the smallest set ups in the surf haha... we watched melissas son fight something for atleast a hour before the warden told him to cut it off and it was the smalles set up in the whole arsenal.

Well depends on what you are wanting to do. Your can get a decent setup for 150$. Dont be afraid to ask me.

Strictly from the surf and striper are rockfish, bucket mouths, or whatever else you wanna call it. Pretty much all it is is a friendly wager among friends who wanna pay for some extra jeep parts courtesy of thier friends.