Posts by clydebeak

Does anyone have an extra set of the straps that hold the roll-up rear window of a JK soft top? I have been using rubber bands to hold it when putting the top down, but I can never just roll it up and ride with it open. If anyone has an extra set in the Dover area I'll bring you a 6 pack for your troubles. Thanks!

Hey folks,
    I recently removed my spare tire and carrier to give the back a cleaner look. I am looking for grommets or something that will properly (and cleanly) cover the holes left by the wiring and the tire bumpers. Do any of you have any suggestions for something cheap that got the job done?

For reference, the holes look like this:

Hey guys - I would like to pull the carpet out of my JK and spray line the interior. I tried the search but didn't turn anything up. Two questions...
    1. Have any of you done this for your Jeep?
    2. What was the rough cost of the job? (2 door)

Any feedback is appreciated. I think the carpet looks like shit and my Jeep has seen it's share of rain in the interior this year.

I have a Large Icon motorcycle jacket for sale. Asking $75. The jacket is heavy perforated leather and breathes well on hot days. Also, the sleeves zip off and it can be worn as a vest, but I think that is pretty purpose defeating. It is in good shape and has no road rash. PM me with questions or for pics.

Do any of you folks with soft tops (who still actually wash em from time to time) take them through the car wash? I usually wash it myself but for those times I'm feeling lazy I'd like to know if the car wash was okay or not. I have this vision of one of the mechanical arms jabbing through the material and wreaking havoc.

If you're around the Dover area, try Schutte park men's fields. In the coming few weeks, teams will start practicing and organizing out there nightly. A lot of people just come out and ask around. I played for 2 years but stopped last year after an unrelated injury. There are coed teams and men's teams available. Be up front about your abilities as some of these guys are overly competetive about their sport of choice. (Still living in their glory days.)

Sorry.
    To clarify, I was asking the same question as BFrank - why was the asking price so high above MSRP. Were there any Mods added to the rifle?

I seem to have gotten my answers. Congrats on the sale, have fun with the Jeep project! :driving:

Haha don't worry about it! No collar and he was a lazy tire cover anyway. Besides, I'm sort of liking the look of the fresh tread on the spare.

33" bestop spare tire cover. Free to good home. Can be found blowing down route 13 somewhere.
    The damn crosswinds ate my spare cover this afternoon. >:(