Posts by sandtostand

I thought I would share this. If any of you have sun faded black trim , mirrors, flares and third brake light housing, you might want to try this product as i have tried quite a few with poor results. While at auto zone looking for an exhaust tip to replace the one that i crushed at RC i found "Turtle Wax Trim Restorer". For $10 i figured why not. I cleaned the areas with just a wet paper towel and let them dry then simply squeezed a 1/2" bead onto the surface that needs restored. A foam applicator is included to distribute the restorer which is a clear thick liquid. The end result is awesome. My fender flares are really sun faded, they don't look factory new after the application but they do look way better. I will see how long they maintain their new luster and repost the end result By going just off what i've already seen, I wouldn't hesitate recommending this product,

if you guys go to "thejeepforum.com" and search sub woofer, there is a whole write up about removing the back seat ansd turning the seat cusion into a sub woofer enclosure while still being able to use the seat as a 100 % usable seat. There is also a thread on removing the center console and building a sub box that fits inside of it.

Dont forget that beach season is knocking at the door. The club maintains the cleanliness of a stretch of beach just north of the Indian River Inlet and many club members can also be found congregating on Herring Point at CHSP. Both are great places to drive out, toss out a line, and relax with fellow Jeepers.

Quadna, years ago i held a beach tag for assateague, do you know how much the Delaware tag cost out for a non resident. Where and what is CHSP? I've got surf rods and tackle dying to come out of the moth balls!

yeah driving by on the road it don't look too bad, i got out and gave it a good look over, a ton of rust on the under carriage....with all that rust i don't think it would even be good for parting out.

I looked at the Jeep on 896 yesterday, 223k miles, rust on the drivers side door vertical rail,rear corner and hole in the drivers side fender. The jeep has been painted. A lot of money for the condition.

Nope no adjustment as far as that is concerned. After my post yesterday I decided to call Bestop directly, there is now a full replacement heading my way. Great customer service I must say.

It's good to here that somebody is still willing to back their product....

Unless its like my new sail cloth Bestop. I put it on and it was 30 outside. The thing is loose as hell. Now i get to send them 10 pictures of all different things before they will believe me.

just curious, does your top have adjustment at the pivot bracket? this supertop has three different adjustment holes, they suggest the "loosest" hole to start with...

the ups driver just dropped off my supertop nx, can't wait to do the install. Has anyone done a top swap when the weather was cool like this or am i going to have to wait til the weekend for warmer weather?

they should have just kept the 4.0 ( it is probably the best motor that they made)..... I'd be pretty upset if i spent 30-40k on a new jeep and it sounded like that. Hopefully chrysler makes things right for all of those new jeep owners.

welcome, was never a fan of the four door but you taste in add ons and your end result could have changed that....Thanks for your sevice ! :up: (great pic of your rig next to the tank)

well i ran over to qtec today and picked their brains a little on soft tops and quick disconnects. i wound up going with the terra flex disconnects. hope to have them installed over the weekend. looked at the complete sway bar replacement option but decided to keep things simple for now, as my experience improves ,my rig will improve.... :driving:

i looked at the jks and thought that there was too much adjustment. the install instructions had all kinds of different settings9 degrees and inches). i'm just looking for something simple but functional

my next add on to my jeep is the quick disconnects. i've narrowed it down to the skyjacker double disconnects offered by quadratec or the teraflex ones. what would be the advantage to the "double" disconnect model?

ok, i'm a new member here, so i have a few questions. I have volunteered to judge on saturday, that being said, my daughter and I have decided to drive up on friday evening and stay until sunday for the club ride. what arrangements do i need to make for camping? is there a local foodstore/eatery, or do i plan on cooking on a fire? i'll be trailering my rig up, will it be ok parking wise for the weekend. any insight on what TO expect and NOT to expect would be great.

ok now that i'm banking money away for an axle swap, I am back to my previous list of to do's for my TJ. My soft top is the factory original yes close to 10 years old, the stitching is starting to come undone and the zippers are pretty worn. I really like the fastback look of the new frameless tops with tinted windows. Has anyone owned or know someone who owns a softtopper top.
    http://www.softopper.com/Softo…l%20Jeep%20Wrangler%20All i know besttop makes one too but i like the idea of having the overhead window storage similar to the Rampage and it is also manufactured here in the U.S.A.