Posts by SarasGP

I might be able to come out for Wed night, Thurs, and Friday during the day Sept 5-7. Got tickets to the Richmond NASCAR race on Sat Sept 8, then we're leaving Tues or Wed the following week from Centreville to go to Ohio to see Jimmy race in the Nationals. Right now he's 2nd in points in the Mid Atlantic region and 7th Nationwide in the Series, so it kinda takes priority over wheelin'. ;)

I agree that it was too hot :anger: in August, especially since I had to use Patti's plastic tarp for a rainfly!

Brian, Danny and Brandon were down at my house last week and did an AWESOME job. There were a lot of little PITA things and a couple of bigger things, plus some stuff to bring the house up to code. I've never had a job done that went so smoothly and at such a reasonable price. Thanks again to you guys. :wavey:

If you need electrical work done BDL's is the place to go! :up:

that may be true but it also takes away from your turning radius

Not enough that you even notice. I did the washer thing after I put 31's on with 5.5 b/s wheels when she was still stock and then added another after the BB and BL/MML. I was going to get different wheels, but decided to wait until I had the money for bigger tires, so I decided to put on 1.25" wheel spacers. I haven't even noticed the loss of turning radius, but I sure have noticed not hearing that rubbing sound when I turn full lock.

Here's the meeting time. BTW - Welcome :wavey: Did you used to work at the CMLF? If so, you know me already.

I think last year everyone met at my house btwn 9:30-10:00 am and left for the boardwalk around 11 so we would have time to register and have lunch before the plunge. Let me know who's meeting at my house so we'll know who to wait for. If you get lost or are going to be late you can call the house at 302 227-1447. :driving:

Here are directions -

Henlopen Station on Rehoboth Ave. extended - Get in the far left turn lane on Rt. 1 at Rehoboth Ave and follow it into Rehoboth until the lane ends - turn left into Henlopen Station and go all the way around to the back. There is only one house, all the rest are condos. I live in the house. Park in the driveway or in a blue "Visitor" space.

I think last year everyone met at my house btwn 9:30-10:00 am and left for the boardwalk around 11 so we would have time to register and have lunch before the plunge. Let me know who's meeting at my house so we'll know who to wait for. If you get lost or are going to be late you can call the house at 302 227-1447. :driving:

cool i am gonna try and make it :driving:, but um psssss where is your house? :shrug: :innocent:

Henlopen Station on Rehoboth Ave. extended - Get in the far left turn lane on Rt. 1 at Rehoboth Ave and follow it into Rehoboth until the lane ends - turn left into Henlopen Station and go all the way around to the back. There is only one house, all the rest are condos. I live in the house. Park in the driveway or in a blue "Visitor" space.

I wasn't aware that it could be done that way. I thought you had to put the 2.5 AIS motor on w/the 4.0 TB in order for the computer to calibrate it right. I also don't see how it could make a difference with the same sized TB. Anybody know?

I have both a BB and a BL/MML so that I can put 33's on in the future. Like everyone else said the BB can be done alone, but the BL should be done with a MML to prevent the fan hitting the shroud. Also you could do a BL/MML alone, but I'm not sure why you would.

I would suggest entering DC on Rt 50 and making a left on 6th street. Follow 6th to the end and make a right on Constititution. Follow this some 15 blocks to 66.

Taking the 395 tunnel is PIA.

I agree. I did the NY Ave-6th St-Constitution yesterday and it only took about 20 mins. The only prblm with this route is am or pm rush hour, takes forever to get out of DC on I-66.

I took mine out the second summer I had it and never put it back. It's easier to just hose out the interior and take out the drain plugs. I sand and primer it every once in a while and eventually will put some kind of bedliner in it. Prbly Durabak

The guy who turned them said the rotors were okay this time, but they were right at the tolerance so next time I'll need new rotors. I haven't had new brakes since I bought it (32K now has 58K) so I wanted to be safe and have the drums and rotors turned anyway. It was only $10 each for rotors and $8 each for drums - a lot cheaper than new ones.

New brakes all around courtesy of surfrider:

Thanks for taking the day off from surf fishing to help me out on a REALLY hot day. ;D

Most of us brought food separately the last time, but Patti suggested we all cook together. Maybe we should all post something we're bringing and we could share. I'll bring hotdogs, graham crackers and marshmallows.