Posts by vlp29

haha damn so itll be a little more than i had thought but i appricate all the good advice. its been real helpful and i know what to save for. by spring ill be about halfway there, hopefully... i do have plenty of time to fix her up though

Lol yeah i do get that. ive been saving a while by spring i can put some coin into it. I just want to get as much into it while im fixing it. Drive shaft and t case are fixed up im just not sure what tranny i need to start on that. If im going to but big tires and a lift kit on it i want to make sure i dont need to buy another transmission when im ready to do that.

Hey dja i have a 95 yj 4.0 with a busted manual tranny. The drive shaft was repaired wrong any boy it messed EVERYTHING up. This coming spring i want to swap it out. The thing is i want to put some monster tires on this thing and jack it up. Can anyone explain or send me a helpful link on what kind of tranny/transfer case i should upgrade to in order to handle some 40 plus inch tires and a large lift kit? While I'm in there what else should i change out? Rears? leafs? I might be over thing it but I just want to do it right and make sure its right this jeep means a lot to me. Any advice is helpful! Thanks and happy holidays!

alright man cool thanks i got the old one out i came off in 3 pieces lol i may need help getting my transmission off though i have to seal it

alright guys i need some knowledge. a month back the transfer case on my jeep literally exploded. I'm in the process of getting a new one but what i need to know is what one did i have in before. its a 1995 wrangler sahara. was it a 23 or 21 spline? and if its a 21 spline how would a 23 work on it? thanks guys