Posts by Karvor

I don't know exactly why, but the plight of Wrangler13 has been on my mind lately. I have come up with an idea for a spare tire carrier that uses a poly bushing mounted to the bumper in double shear. If you (Wrangler13) can't return the carrier you bought I'd like to try to modify the one you have and see if you can get someting useable out of it. Would cost around 25 bucks by my estimation, less if i can reuse what you have as the hinge in the set-up (labor is free of course since this is a proto-type idea). Lemme know what ya think.

Kuntryoy816 very recently had an issue with his YJ where 1 starter bolt fell out and the other loosened. Which could allow the bendix to dig into the ring gear and not let it disengage. Check your grounds, allways a problem on YJ's. That vintage also had a problem with plate below the cam sensor in the distributor loosening to where the cam and crank sensor lose sync and will give all sorts of running problems.

just got back from the dmv and failed my inspection. because i dont have a 3rd brake light, no license plate light, and my gas tank is leaking out fumes.

Your gas tank leaking fumes..it's a bit more complicated than that. What they mean is the Evap Emission system won't hold pressure. This problem can be anywhere from the engine, down the frame, to the gas tank. However, a normal point of failure is the evap hose under the hood that goes to the engine intake. They like to dry-rott and split. If you have a way of pressurizing the system (don't exceed 5psi) you can take a spray bottle filled with soapy water and spray down the length of the entire system and watch for bubbles. This method is actually very accurate and easy to do, and is the Nissan approved method for searching for such leaks at work. (But we prefer to use the smoke machine LOL)

I tell you what, i'm picking up some steel this saturday for frame repair and other stuff on my jeep build. If this guy won't refund your money, i'm sure we can figure out a way to strengthen that set-up to make it work for you until you can get a proper one.

First that does not look like 3/8" plate like the builder claims. Everything looks too small...from the uprights and yes tghe mounting plate looks flimsy....maybe it was meant to be welded to the bumper....(as in sitting on it flush and welded)

I know you said you don't think it's a ground....what you're explaining is a bottleneck in the flow of electricity, usually a bad ground. You'll probably find all these items ground at the same point. Try running a jumper wire to the back of the bulb socket for the ground and see what happens.

I'm interested in it, i'm redoing my 4.0 and the head needs massive machine work. And spare parts are a good thing to have...shoot me a price, and a year that it came out of, or if you don't know that maybe the 4 digit casting number on the head.

The good news is that i refreshed my memory as to how the handle comes, the bad news is that the wife just called and our dryer took a <bleep> on us. So i may be able to look at it later this week or i can try to talk you through it. your call

I would grab a heli-coil kit for your particular size needs. It will have the proper tap in it so you'd be good to go in no time.

Use it to actuate a couple of fully automatic 12 gauge shotguns embeded in the bumper....you know....for the zombie apocolypse. :roflmao:

Sure man i'd like to stop by sometime. I see why you have the passenger side upper link for the 3 link. My tj is a drivers side drop though. I'll have to look cuz i could still do a pass side drop....