Posts by Vin

Don't use bondo as a filler it absorbs water. There used to a product called aluma lead. It's a 2 part mix check Eastwood.com they would probably have it or something similar. If you don't want to weld or have money for it 3m makes a body panel adhesive. Main thing is get a wire wheel on your drill and get the heavy loose stuff off. Wipe with acetone or rubbing alcohol than spray with a epoxy paint, or a rust product like por 15, or over the counter stuff at the parts store. It really depends on how heavy the rust is and how smooth of a finish and money you want to invest.

Hc. Co
    Low 309. High 352. Low 2.58 High8.98
    Limit 220. 220. Limit 1.20. 1.20

Wasn't too awful till the high idle co.
    I'll look into the lucus tune up thanks for the tip and the welcomes.

Hello all,
    New to the jeep thing got a 84 cj7. The wife and 4 year old daughter talked me into it. It's a little different from the camaros and trans ams I usually work on. Lot more versatile and fun. Plan on getting back into surf fishing again with the jeep. Does anyone know of any jeep mechanics with the emissions sniffer, it failed pretty bad, I tuned the carb a little and figured I would probably need the cat replaced. It has been nuttered. I put a charcoal canister, pcv and hooked up the egr. The thing runs great just a heavy polluter. Look forward to meeting some of you at the beach!!