Posts by Jeephreak

I have a set of primered 'new in box' OEM half doors for the JK model (07-current) to sell. Just don't have the funds to complete them and do not need to sit on them when someone else could be using them. So, as stated, just the shells. They'll need the seals, internal components, etc to complete. I was going to 'borrow' from my full doors (hinges, handles, locks) and pick up the other items to complete these doors. Looking for 600.00 for the pair.

I picked up a set of OEM halves for the JK, and they're lacking some essential parts (uppers, door handles, hinges, etc). I have a set of soft doors that I only used for part of last season, so they're essentially slightly used and in excellent shape. I'm looking to get 350.00 for the set. With shipping, they will run you 475.00 on average from the catalog sites.

Switching to half doors and would like to sell off my full doors for 1500.00 obo. They're in great shape and have no dents or dings. They've been spending a majority of the time in the garage since I've been running the soft doors. I will be recycling the handles, lock mechanisms, and mirrors. They are Gecko though, so you can always wrap, line-x, or repaint. I'm out of the country at the moment, and, when I get back this upcoming weekend (21 September), I'll post some pics. We all know what doors look like though.

Never mind. After doing some digging, it looks like a simple fix of running the wire from the turn signal. I thought that was what I was supposed to do. I just thought that with it being a LED, I have to do some extra add ons to the wiring.

what's TU?

'Trout Unlimited'. It's a group that is similar to Tread Lightly but mainly deals with the preservation and conservation of waterways. Trails Rd falls under the 'Muddy Creek' chapter (575). Muddy Creek flows through the piece of property. The landowner apparently is a member and does maintain the area by planting trees, etc. If he sees someone on Trails Rd, he will most definitely introduce himself. If you don't have the decal, you will be ejected from the property. It is a road, but it does not fall under PA jurisdiction. It is up to the landowners to maintain the site therefore he has every right to have you removed. Only in recent years has he started to push it, since the 2 mile stretch has seen a lot of abuse by people. Luckily, a couple of Jeep owners hashed out a deal with the majority landowner to continue using it. All others have been basically thrown out. Mike Gardner of Adams Jeep in Aberdeen was one of the Jeep owners who brokered the deal. So, if you're not with the group of guys who made the deal, you need to at least have the TU decal on your Jeep to show you understand the rules. Rules being: avoid the waterway as much as possible and only cross where you have no choice, keep the garbage to yourself and stay on the 'road'. There are a couple homes that back to it, so respect should be given.

I gathered this from the various forums. I haven't been there yet, but wanted to research it a bit before driving out. Glad I did. I know Mike from Adams, so I'll probably see if he's going out there anytime soon. If not, at least I'm prepared. You can reach out to Mike and he will give you a clearer explanation.

A little more than you asked, but you get the idea.

I tend to be the addrenaline junkie, so, given the right circumstances such as 'no turning around' and zombie mob coming up fast, I'd do it.

Now, I'm not saying certain areas on me wouldn't be clenched the entire time and I will be yelling at the spotter that I'm coming back from the dead to kill him if he fails me...

As the youth like to say YOLO, or better yet, as Yoda would say OOYL.