Posts by JKSteve

Up for sale are 5 BFG km2s in the 35" flavor. 4 have about 38k on them and lots more to go, the spare is just about brand new. Tires roll nice, hold air perfect, always frequently rotated, excellent wear. Two of the tires have plugs that I have installed from small nails being picked up. Never an issue with the plugs.

Tires are for available to pickup in Newark and pictures can be sent via text, just ask and supply a number.

Looking to get $500 for these, seems to be reasonable and the going rate for used BFG's

Thanks for looking,

Steve

843-412-5262

Count us in!

[size=x-small]1) Stafford[/size]
    [size=x-small]2) Daddandelena[/size]
    [size=x-small]3)JKGray10- maybe[/size]
    [size=x-small]4) astape[/size]
    [size=x-small]5) ForMud[/size]
    [size=x-small]6) Keith.eric (tentative)[/size]
    [size=x-small]7) 92 Renegade[/size]
    [size=x-small] 8) JkRanger08[/size]
    [size=x-small] 9) Stomper (not sure on Jeep yet).[/size]
    [size=x-small]10) Erock (90%) if I go, def camping[/size]
    [size=x-small]11) jkjeeper (definite maybe)[/size]
    [size=x-small]12) skeets682 (Nancy riding shotgun)
    13) JKSteve[/size]

drop pitman arm to align the drag link and track bar. this will fix "bump steer"

Dropped pitman arms on JK's are highly frowned upon due to the weak factory steering box. The sector shaft can sheer or the bearings will be toast with the added forces from a dropped arm. A drag link flip in conjunction with a raised trackbar bracket is the way to go!

Cheers

Would someone that has a set of 37"s for the JK mind if I test fit them? Looking to step up here in a couple months and want to get an idea of what I will be dealing with.

Currently I am running 35" KM2's which as you all know basically are a 33.5" tire.. I am trying to decide between a more true to size 35" like the MTR/K or the Toyo. In a perfect word I would be able to get my hands on a set of the new 37" Wildpeak MT's when they are released to the public, just not sure if they will fit.

Currently the jeep is on 2" springs (actual 2") with flat fenders, tons of people run 37"s with the 2.5" springs no problem but they usually net more lift than advertised. I want to stay low, continue using my factory DS, steering is perfect where its at and zero vibes.. Just want bigger meats, and not afraid to cut in the rear.

I am located in Newark and would prefer not to drive too far down state, If you are local to me and have a set that I could borrow to take some measurements, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Steve

Unfortunately the M/Ts wont be available for a while.. word is they are still trying to get the compound figured out. They tested a couple different compounds at KOH this year.. Looks like a sweet tire though!

Just to input my .02 on this... I bought the used poly setup from spedly, New joints should be here today, other than that, I'm confident that thing will outlast my rig.. even after the beating Steve put it through! Another plus is that it is adjustable on the vehicle with out removing the TRE (maybe im just lazy..) Also the synergy Metal on metal 1 ton TRE's for $30 a piece seem like a no brainer to me.

I had a chance to see the currie setup for the first time up at rausch this weekend on Hogwilds 4 dr, Gotta say im less than impressed as im sure he will also agree. The joint that currie use are their own design, not a standard TRE like the Poly or RK. They are far larger and may not clear a smaller diameter wheel (just by eyeballing this)..

He has been having issues with getting the joint taper to properly fit into the knuckle with the supplied currie bushings that the joint uses.

As we were spotting him through a rock garden on saturday, All of the joints seemed loose and not up to the task. The tie rod itself despite its size deflected quite a bit when it came in contact with the rocks, pretty sure it had some character after a few of those.

If you are considering the currie setup, I would consider talking with Hogwild about his experience... may sway your opinion!

I plan on leaving around 6 Am as Matt said. If anyone wants to head up with us we can meet at the Shell station at the corner of paper mill and 72 across from the bank at 6:15-6:30. I stop at the wawa on the way to get lunch etc... The way I go is a fairly easy ride. Post up if you want to meet At the Shell, if not you can try to catch up on the road. Gobble gobble you mutha truckers!

I'll be there... 6:15, Will also need a wawa stop for lunches ect. ect..

1) Stafford, black, possibly staying Friday night
    2) Keith_C +1, blues-mild blacks, day trip
    3) Whatevah, greens/blues, go up on Saturday
    4) Tngent/Lovmikidz (as a passenger) + 2 kids. greens/blues, day trip
    5) Shorebird, blue/black, driving up Sat.
    6) I_Am_Dan, green/blue shakedown run with TJ, headed up Friday. +Mrs. Dan
    7) Daddanelena blues/black
    8) JKGray10 +1, Hard Stuff. Possibly go up Friday
    9) Captain +1, Blues/Mild Blacks Day-trip.
    10) KnoxRents - Hard Stuff
    11) Stomper- blues maybe going up on friday and staying over night at camp comfort inn
    12) JKRanger08- blues/blacks
    13) NandosJK, blue/black
    14) 1991yj
    15) cj8, green/blue/mild black, maybe camping Fri and/or Sat.
    16) bfrank +1 and maybe 2yo daughter, green/blue/mild black, maybe camping Sat.
    17) Skeets682, blueblack, bringing the RV up on Friday..so maybe both nights.
    18) JeepSahara, blue/black
    19) Erock plus guest, blue/black
    20) Shadyluke, anything goes
    21) Gse nick, mild greens
    22) NitroRubi + Urbancrawler, going up Friday
    23) Astape, may hotel fri night. Will be a game time decision.
    24) haugwild blue/black probably camping Fri. Sat
    25) Joelove +1, greens/blues (maybe harder?) Day trip on Sat.
    26) JKsteve +1 Not sure which trails yet...Never wheeled rausch. Headed up sat morning maybe camping sat night.