Posts by conklinator

So I'm thinking of selling off one of my Comanches. I've been going back and forth on which one to keep and build, and which one to let go, and I think my final decision is to get rid of the 1989. It's really killing me, because it runs and drives so well. It's a 2WD long bed with the 4.0L inline 6 cylinder and AW4 automatic trans. The title and odometer state that it has around 135k miles, but the speedometer doesn't work, so I really don't know the exact mileage. Regardless of how many miles are on it, the thing runs like a champ. The body is in fair condition. Cab has very little rust on it, but the bed has a lot of rust above the wheel wells. As long as you aren't right up on it, it doesn't look bad. Frame is in good shape. There was one spot that had some substantial rust on it, but I cut it out, cleaned it up, and welded a hefty patch in. It really is a perfect truck to run parts in. On Sunday I drove it all the way up to York to pick up some 35's and rims for my XJ, and it ran great the whole way, plus the needle on the gas gauge barely moved. When I got it, it had some overheating issues, so I put in a brand new radiator, Flowkooler high flow water pump, thermostat, and all new hoses, and she stays nice and cool now. I will take some fresh pics sometime this week to add. I will be putting it on Craig's List eventually, but I figured I would try here first.

Anybody out there have a set of stock XJ shackles? I currently have 1.5 inch lift shackles, but I'm going to a 6.5'' spring, and don't really want 8'' of lift on the rear. I really want revolvers, but don't have $260 to shell out for them...

Like the title says, I'm looking for a front axle to put under my XJ... Anything that's got 3.73's is good. Either that or a set of 3.73's to put in the Dana 30 that's under it now. I would obviously prefer a Dana 44, but if I can't find one for a good enough price, I will continue to run the Dana 30 either until it breaks, or until I have enough to fork out the cash for the 44. Let me know what's out there...

Ahh man it sounds like you guys had fun. Sorry I didn't make it down there. We were meeting other people that got there early and set up at Herring Point. We still had a pretty good day though. It was good to meet you, Mike! Wish I could have gotten down to meet the rest of you guys!

Probably leaving by 8:30 or 9...I don't do early mornings. :) I've got my grill packed as well.

that reminds me, if anyone knows a good way to avoid most of the traffic through dover let me know

I think the only way you're going to avoid traffic tomorrow is either leaving at the crack of dawn, or, if you feel like going the VERY long way around and spending $44.00, you could go through New Jersey and get on the Ferry...

jkgray10 and I will be out tomorrow, either navy crossing or herring point. Probably herring point unless it's packed. Don't expect any kind of fishing talent out of us. I have deadfeat's #, anyone else PM me if you want mine. Look for the gray and green Jeeps next to a lot of empty beer cans.

What time are you thinking? We are most likely going to Herring Point, and should be leaving the Newark area by 6:00 as to avoid any potential Firefly traffic. I'll try to leave a good gap between the Jeeps to hold a little space if you guys are going to be later than that. Look for an Orange XJ and Silver TJ...

Heading down early tomorrow... As long as my Jeep doesn't self destruct on the way down, I should be to the Cape around 8:00-8:30... What's the preferred spot to go? Like I said before... I'm fairly clueless when it comes to surf fishing... :shrug:

Getting rid of an old set of wheels and tires that have been sitting in the corner of my garage for a few years. They don't have much tread left, but if you're putting them on something that isn't a daily driver, they will probably last a while. I was holding on to them with the intention of putting them on my Comanche, but it looks like the 33's from my Cherokee are going to end up on there, and the Cherokee is getting upgraded to 35's... Starting out at $350, but feel free to make an offer...

http://delaware.craigslist.org/pts/3880544280.html