Posts by conklinator

Thanks for the input guys! I'm going to steer away from the BA10 trans. I am going to look at an '89 long bed tomorrow with 135k on the clock with the 4.0L. Only down side is it's an automatic. Normally I wouldn't even pursue it without a manual trans, but the guy told me that if it doesn't sell by tomorrow, he will give it to me for a grand. It's pretty clean with little to no rust on the body, and the interior is in good shape, so I really can't pass it up at that price. Cross your fingers for me that it doesn't sell before tomorrow afternoon!

I guess in a way I am a newbie on the forum, even though I've been a Jeep owner for 12 years and lurked around quite a bit. It's been a long time since I've posted on here. I used to have a different username, but I have no idea what it was or even what email I had previously registered under, so I just made a new one. Anywho... I'm looking to buy a Comanche and just wanted some advice from some other MJ owners. Is there anything that I should be looking for specifically when doing my shopping? I am hoping to score a 4.0 liter 4x4, but I'll take anything that needs minimal work. I have a company truck for work, so it really doesn't have to be anything pretty. Just something to beat around in on weekends and run parts while I do the engine swap on my XJ. Does anybody out there have any experience with the BA10 Peugeot trans that came in them? I've heard some horror stories, and also heard of them going 250k miles without any issues. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated... :mrgreen:

I'm looking for a Comanche to use as a parts runner while I am doing an engine swap on my XJ. I am trying not to spend a whole lot, as it is just an extra truck to run around in when needed. I would prefer a 4WD 4.0 liter, but 2WD or 4 cylinder will work too. Ideally I would like to spend around a grand, but would go up to $2,000 to if it's in better shape. No need to reply with craigs list ads. If it's on craigs list and within a 3 hour drive of Newark, I've already seen it.