Posts by jc1121

This is the sign up thread for the holiday party. Please post only if you are coming and how many guests.

You must RSVP by 1/22! If you RSVP and do not show you will be responsible for the full $36. Payments for guests must be paid before 1/22.

Members - free
    Guests - $36
    Kids 12 & under - $18

It will be held at Cantwell's Tavern Historic Bank Building

Buffet Menu:

Caesar Salad

Shrimp and Tasso Ham over Dirty Rice
    Filet Medallions with Mushroom Demi-Glacé
    Penne and Fresh Vegetables with choice of Marinara or Alfredo

Sides
    Potato Salad
    Fresh Heirloom Tomato & Cucumber Salad
    Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
    Seasonal Vegetables

Dessert
    Carrot Cake or Cheese Cake

Rolls & Butter

Coffee & Tea Station
    Soda & Iced Tea

There will be a small cash bar with a limited menu.

Shouldn't this be in Members Only ?

Just seems odd anyone including guests could vote on it.

No. This is not a members only event. Non-members are welcome to come as well but they would have to pay themselves.

If Cantwell's is chosen then guests and non-members would pay $36. If Abbotts is chosen they would pay $28.

The past 2 years DEJA has picked up the members tab and guests have paid. Just speaking for myself and not the rest of the BOD - I don't see why that would change but we could put it out to the membership. If Cantwell's is chosen at a cost that is higher, then we could ask that members pay $6. This is the first time we haven't just picked where the party is and whoever comes, comes. It's up to the members to decide how their dues are spent. Obviously we don't want to dump too much cash into one event but last year 48 people RSVP'd and 47 the year before that. If a lot more people are planning to attend then obviously we'd need to have the members pay a little.

I'll leave McGlynns up there but the only real options are Cantwell's and Abbott's.

If Cantwell's is chosen then the club is actually looking at $35.40 per member if DEJA covers it completely and guests would have to pay ahead. If 50 members come that's $1,770 plus the room charge.

If Abbott's is chosen we are looking at $27.60 per member. If 50 members come it's $1380 with no room charge.

Just talked to the girl that handles both McGlynns and Cantwell's. Cantwell's option #1 is for lunch so it's out. The only option we have is the $29.99 so I'll have to adjust the options and the people that voted for it will have to revote. Sorry.

We have a couple of options for the holiday party this year; McGlynn's Pub in Dover, Cantwell Tavern in Odessa, and Abbotts Grill in Milford. I am posting the menus with the prices/person. McGlynn's and Cantwell's charge 18% gratuity and Abbotts charges 20% gratuity. We have had around 50 people RSVP the past two years we have held the party.

At McGlynns we are limited to 40 people. Here are the dinner options with prices:

Option 1:
    Buffet Menu - $33.99
    Carved Prime Rib
    Shrimp & Scallops in Marinara
    Stuffed Chicken Breast
    Stuffed Shells
    Wild Rice
    Oven-Roasted Herb Potatoes
    Shrim & Crab Salad
    Seasoned Vegetables
    Caesar Salad
    Fresh Tomato & Mozzarella
    Fresh Rolls & Butter
    Vanilla Ice Cream with Mint Cookies
    Soft Drinks, Coffee & Tea

Option 2:
    Buffet Menu - $23.99
    Stuffed Chicken Breast
    Sliced Roast Beef au Jus
    Stuffed Shells
    Shrimp & Crab Salad
    Seasoned Vegetables
    Oven-Roasted Herb Potatoes
    Caesar Salad
    Fresh Rolls & Butter

ADD A DESSERT (per person)
    Ice Cream with Mint Cookies - $2.00
    Cheesecake with Topping - $3.00
    Carrot Cake - $3.00

Option 3:
    Buffet Menu - $19.99
    Stuffed Chicken Breast
    Stuffed Shells
    Oven-Roasted Potatoes
    Seasoned Vegetables
    Coleslaw
    Caesar Salad
    Fresh Rolls & Butter

Carrot Cake - $3.00

Option 4:
    Buffet Menu - $16.99
    Meatball Sandwiches
    Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
    Stuffed Shells
    Coleslaw
    Caesar Salad

Carrot Cake - $3.00

At Cantwell's Tavern we can have up to 70 people.

Option 2:
    Package #2
    $29.99 per person
    Salad
    Choose One
    Arugula & Spring Mix or Caesar Salad
    Choose Three
    Shrimp and Tasso Ham over Dirty Rice
    Chicken Stuffed with Spinach, Peppers & Manchego Cheese
    Filet Medallions with Mushroom Demi-Glace
    Chicken Stir fry
    Grilled Salmon
    Marinated Grilled Chicken over Stewed Tomatoes Penne and Fresh Vegetables with choice of Marinara or Alfredo
    Sides:
    Potato Salad
    Fresh Heirloom Tomato & Cucumber Salad Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Seasonal Vegetables
    Dessert
    Carrot Cake or Cheese Cake
    Rolls & Butter
    Coffee & Tea Station
    Soda & Iced Tea

Abbott's Grill I am just going by last year's price and menu.

$23 per person

Caesar Salad
    Cajun Meatloaf
    Pulled Pork
    Beef Bourguignon
    Eggplant Parmesan (1 Pan)
    Mashed Potato
    Seasonal Vegetables
    Sheet Cake with Jeep Emblem
    (Chicken Tenders & Fries for kids 12 and under)
    Coffee, Iced Tea. Free Refills

I told the girl 30-40 people but she somehow heard 25. We were originally going to have a limited menu as to not overwhelm the kitchen with 30+ orders at once on top of their other customers but they let us have the whole menu. I thought they did a pretty good job considering that was the first time we went there.

Like I said before, we are open to suggestions.

I guess Fraziers was so sneaky you never noticed them charging the same 18% gratuity. It's pretty standard practice for parties of 8+.

We are always open to suggestions too. If you know a place that will have us without charging more than a $50 room fee then let me know. Anything over $50 isn't really worth it because we don't always have a good turn out.

Honestly we will probably go with the best and cheapest menu. I was more bumping for input on the date :innocent:

After we pick a date I will call around and get quotes and menus. I can post the info and do another poll to choose the best one.

We are starting the planning for the Holiday party and need to get a date locked down. Some venue locations we are looking at for this year include:

Iron Hill Newark
    McGlynns in Dover or Bear
    Cantwell's Tavern in Middletown
    Abbotts Grill in Milford

Please pick the date that works best for you. More details will be coming.