Posts by Mabus

Above are all good suggestions. Another thing that helps is having "link backs" elsewhere. Having a Google+ page and others (Facebook, Twitter, etc) which include links to the site with each post increases clicks to the site from other sources. One of the things that helps the search engines determine it is worthwhile to up the ranking is people clicking to the site from other sources. I run a website for a non-profit service org I belong to and also contacted many other websites with a connection to our cause and requested they add a link to our site in their "Links" or "friends" pages with a reciprocal link to theirs. I can tell where traffic is coming from and the extra clicks from different sources has helped with people finding us in Google.

Grill Potatoes are easy and a good side when grilling meats. Finding foil bags can be hard anymore but sheets of tin foil work well if sealed well on all sides. Another nice thing is you don't have something extra to clean, just cut it open to serve throw the foil away when done. This should serve 4-5 people as a side.

2-3 large or 3-4 medium potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
    1 medium onion &/or sliced peppers
    Oil/Butter/Margarine (Fat)
    Seasonings of your choice*
    A foil bag or enough tinfoil to wrap the potatoes well (should look like a pillow when done)

Cut potatoes into 1/8"-1/4" slices crosswise (like au gratin style) and onion into thin slices. Cover inside surface of foil bag or tinfoil with the fat and start layering the potatoes and onions/peppers and add more fat and seasoning every couple layers. Close tightly and place on upper/middle rack of grill while meats are cooking on the lower rack. Turn every ~5 minutes or when the foil expands. After turning it should go flat again. Keep turning when it fully expands. If you like them just cooked, about 15 -20 minutes, more if you want the outside layers browned. You could also put them on the lower rack to brown them quickly after they are cooked. When the bag/foil expands, if any fat leaks it will catch on fire. I usually add this when I start heating up the grill because they take longer than the meat and they're not on the lower rack.

*Seasonings can be matched up or complement the type of meat or rubs used. I usually use just Adobo seasoning (and maybe some garlic) because my wife is Puerto Rican and puts that &*%$ on everything. I really like adding red pepper flakes but despite being PR, she can't handle the heat so I have to make mine separate if I do that.

After having literally the worst car buying experience of my life at Carman, I put a review up on Dealer Rater. They have a spot for service as well as sales to report your experience. Just a thought

Welcome. Used to live in West Grove. Nearly totaled my brand new VW at the intersection that has a Turkey Hill on 41 many moons ago. I really want to get to RC even tho my JK is pretty much stock.

I don't have a winch (yet) but I'd be up for some lernin. :driving: I'll hopefully get a hi-lift jack soon. While my jk is still mostly stock, I'm kind of in the same mindset as falingsky.

Back in 2005, I wanted a Wrangler but have three school age kids so a vehicle with four seatbelts wasn't really an option. I went with the Liberty and loved it. Plenty of room in the back for our beach gear and all five of us could fit. The kids were smaller then (15, 14 & 6) though. When we brought our dog, we loaded up our beach gear in a soft roof top carrier and the dog rode in the back (barking at every motorcyclist that was near).

Fast forward to 2012, one kid was in the USAF, the other older one wasn't riding with us much so I finally got the JK. I also added a receiver hitch and got a rack to carry our beach gear or luggage when we go on vacation. I've wanted a Wrangler as long as I've been driving but one way or another, it never worked out.

Bottom line, it's what you're willing sacrifice vs benefits of the TJU for the length of time you'll have it and how the financial situation works out. It sounds like you have a good handle on these. I would go with my gut instinct.

Damn. I never thought about that! Took my tag off old jeep and put it on the new one. Guess I'm not legit .

Happened to me 2 summers ago at Beach Plum Island. Checked paperwork, bait, made sure my line was baited, etc. Even asked how long I was there and if I caught anything, but not in a "Hey buddy" kind of way. The only thing biting that day was the bugs.

It's probably obvious to most, but I thought I'd mention to not forget to keep the paperwork for the surf tag in the vehicle. If the Ranger stops to check, he'll want to see the paperwork matches the vehicle. When I'm not interested in catching anything, (wife + daughter with me), I have frozen bait and use rubber squids. If they check, I tell him I'm waiting for the bait to thaw so I'm covered as far as the gray area :mrgreen:

I've had good experiences with Palumbo's Goodyear on route 40 in Glasgow (just west of rt 896). Family run business and they say they have or will meet the best prices.