Posts by mudflap

I was washing my Jeep tonight, which I haven't done in a long time. As I was washing the hardtop I noticed the soapy water getting milky. I have never waxed the hardtop in fear of white haze on it from the wax. However, it seems that it has gotten chalky from the wax denial. Does anyone out there wax their hardtop and my other question is...do you think I can bring my paint back on my top? I am open to suggestions on wax...I have been using NuFinish on the body.

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to try the WD-40 and lithium grease. I don't think my neighbors would appreciate me peeing into my lock, plus its getting cold out. Then I would have another problem, thoughts of the movie Christmas Story and the flagpole scene.

I have a 97 TJ with hard doors. When the weather gets cool, my locks stick. :bang: When I say stick, they are unable to be unlocked with the key or manually from the inside. It started on just the passanger side and now the drivers. It seems to happen when the temp drops below 40 degrees. If I do make it in one door I can hear the lock make a pop sound after the cabin warms up. I have taken the door panels off and all parts seem to be in working order. Any ideas (other than leaving it unlocked) or solutions would be greatly appreciated! :help:

I am going to replace my radiator due to a slow leak. While I was there I am going to swap out the water pump and do a system flush. Do I need to pull the drain plug on the side of the block at the completion of the flush? If so what is the tool to get the plug out? Also, I have read about using distilled water to refill... Is this really going to make much of a difference on a vehicle with 95,000 miles? Or is tap from the hose okay to use. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Well I have the dreaded crack in manifold on my 97 TJ. :upset: I have a manifold on order but was not able to order the gasket for the head and the flange. I went to my local NAPA (Middletown) and they could not find the parts in their data base. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find these parts and any other tips for replacing the manifold. Does anyone know if I will need studs at the top or bottom of the manifold, or both? :help: