Posts by snafu4u2s

Hey Ian.... its def cast Iron according to the spec sheet..... it doesnt have to be a great weld as it wont be under that much load.... more just the fact the it must be held stationary.

would you be able to help?

ok after the snow stopped i was able to pull the cover to do a quick visible inspection considering it was 18 degrees out. the spiders are still in place however the cross pin the goes through the spiders broke in half..... will have to pull the carrier to see if it screwed on the gears or spiders when it broke. hopefully it didnt. also blew a brake cylinder on the passanger side since the drum came apart....

ok so tonight i took the jeep out for a ride. as i was taking off from a stop, i shift into first gear and started, shifted to second, and everything was fine, shifted to 3rd gear, let the clutch out apply the gas and all that happens is the motor revs up.... pull over... try to start in first and nothing, try second, and nothing. so now at this point i'm thinking that i blew the clutch. i try to put into gear without using clutch and goes right in to all of them. put the jeep in 4wd try 1st gear again with no clutch and wont go in. use clutch and the jeep starts to move..... drive like this to gas station 2 miles away so i would have some light... after looking over the jeep, i notice that the passanger rear wheel is walking out...also no noise while driving... (i'm guessing broken shaft). Also notice fluid leaking from axle tube. tow jeep home on trailer. as i'm backing off the trailer, the other rear tire starts walking out. Also, at this point, i'm hearing a bad noise coming from the rear.

am i correct by saying that i broke a shaft?

would a broken shaft cause both wheels to walk out?

any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Jason

Does any one have a set of factory tires that i can borrow tomorrow? I have to get my jeep thought inspection. Would only need them a few hours. Preferably the closer to the beach the better. Thank You Jason 302-249-7925

ok heres the whats going on... my dad owns and operates a charter boat out of ocean city, md. he wants to fish in the ocean city tuna tournament but needs to find one more guy that would be willing to put up their share. THIS WILL NOT BE A CHARTER just a few guys going out fishing and everyone splits the total bill evenly.

the approximate cost will be $550.00 which will include entering the tournament and i believe two calcutta's. you will fish 2 out of 3 days usually friday and saturday. all bait fuel and equip is also covered.

heres a link to our boat website http://www.crystalscaper.com/ 48 foot custom ocean!!

if your interested give me a call at 302-249-7925 and i can give you better details

payment will be upfront and non returnable if you commit and then change your mind (will fish even in bad weather within reason)
    payment must be paid no later than friday july 3rd

I just wanted to put this up here in case someone is looking for some work to be done. I am self employed in the renovating field. I can do all jobs from small to large. Willing to travel for work. So if you have something in mind give me a call 302-249-7925. See below for some of the things that I do. Also, I am fully licensed and Insured up to 2000000000. No job is turned down so if you have something in mind give me a call.

Discount for DEJA members

Thanks Jason

Full renovations to single room upgrades
    kitchens
    Bathrooms
    all plumbing fixtures
    and appliance installations
    custom cabinets
    countertops
    tile flooring
    carpeting
    windows