Posts by snafu4u2s

hey guys i'm kinda new to this site and the whole jeep thing. Let me tell ya I love it so far. My second jeep still has t- tags on it and i wanna lift it already. I was thinking 3 or 3.5. Any recommendations for brand? Also what size tires can clear? :shrug:

i thought delaware was only 2" past the flare. could be wrong though. i have though about just restoring it but its gonna cost big $ and i cant find alot of the orignal parts. I dont really plan on wheeling it that hardcore so i figure the 4" would be enough.

ok well i think i have decided on what i am going to do. For now i will definetly do the 4" suspension since the jeep needs new shocks and springs. i will also do the 1" body since the body mounts are well shot, and probably the cut out flares but not sure. I know i need some kind of flare so i mind as well go with the cut outs for the extra room but i'm not sure cause i do want the tires to stick past the flare about 1.5 - 2". For tires to start with probably only 33's unless i can get 35's on it. What are your guys feeling with that set up? Do you think it will be safer than what i was thinking about before. And sorry for stating 90 i guess 75-80 would be a bit more reasonable but still probably to fast for a jeep. i mean if i wanted a drag car i should have bout one right? :hmm: But i think this would be safer and a bit more stable. what are your guy's feelings? Also i believe the jeep is 101" wheelbase. I would also like either a 33 or 35 12.50 or 13.50 R15 or R16 tire. Just food for thought. I do appreciate you guys commenting even though i might not like the answers i get :shrug: but oh well i don't want to hurt me or anyone else while out on the road.

well currently i have an explorer with 33" tires to i was kinda figuring that it wouldnt be to much different from that. I mean i know its a ford and not a jeep but i is short weelbased cause its the 2 door. And iv been doing some thinking i think the largest tire i'lll go with is a 35 so i figure 75mph on the highway is a reasonable mph. I was just trying to say the i wanted to be able to move with traffic on I95 when i go north.

ok first off there was no need for that last comment and secondly al i was trying to say is that i need the jeep to be able to keep up with highway traffic. I 'm not stupid. I know going 90 in a jeep is just crazy but see if i aim high then when i'm doing 70 on 95 i'll be in great shape.

i will use the jeep both on and offroad 60 on 40 off i dont plan to rock craw or anything like that. i was planing to use the stock axles since it has the dana 44 rear and a dana 30 front. i know i def. want 35s no smaller. The 304 will have some work done to it and the trans all i know right now is that its a 3 speed manual. i was planning on running 4.10 or 4.56 at best even though all the techs i talk to tell me i need to run 4.88 but in my opinion thats too low for highway driving. i'll max out at like 45mph and i cant have that. I need to be able to do at least 80-90mph. How much lift would i gain if i do the spring over with the 2.5" kit and the cutout flares. and possibly the 1" body lift

:question: Does anyone know how much lift i would need to fit either of these tires at full flex and how to aquire it. I mean i know the biggest suspension lift that i could find was a 4" kit. also what gear ratio do you guys recomend? The jeep has an AMC 304 and currently has 3.73 gears now.

Okay so i just join today and i noticed that you guys do a lot of trial rides. I was wondering if these rides were limited to jeeps only. I mean i have a 72' CJ6 that i'm restoring but in the mean time could i attend these functions along with others using my other vechile?