Posts by Wolverine

I don't have any way to post pics. (No Digital camera) When they started welding they started from the top and worked around the bar back to the top. Then the weld sort of lays on top of the original weld. Hard to explain but it would look better if they were smoothed out. Would a wire wheel swirl the metal to much for the paint to cover :question: .
    Thanks
    Brian

Well I got in my Rocker Knockers today from Poison Spyder and I am not pleased with the welds they did on the slider bars. They really need smoothed out before paint. Does anyone have any idea what to use to sand down steel welds. I have a grinder but I think it may make it worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Brian :peace:

My daughters birthday is that weekend so I'll have to see when we schedule her party. My wife wants to jump to so maybe we can schedule the party another weekend. :shrug:
    Let you know real soon,
    Brian

I finally gave in and ordered the Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers and also a JKS MML and 1 1/4" BL. I ordered the lift from Supplee 4 wheel drive. He's a cool guy to deal with. Now I have to wait for them to come in. Thats the worst part. :sad: Once I get them I may ask for some additional hints from the guys who already have installed these parts. :help:
    I'll post back once I get them.
    Thanks

This has been driving me crazy now for about a month. Finally I found it. The bolt that goes through my control arm and holds up my skid row oil pan skid was loose and allowing my control arm to knock real loud. It was actually slipping around on the bolt. I tightened the nut back up on the bolt and the clunking is now gone. :shrug: Go figure. Something simple.
    Atleast its gone now.
    Thanks for all the suggestions

I have a 850 Cold Cranking Amps Optima Yellow Top Battery and a Heavy duty alternator but I'm not sure what they are rated for. Last year when we had the hurricane we were without power for 2 days. I used my jeep to keep both my refrigerator and freezer cold at the same time. I could run both of them for almost an hour and a half before I would have to turn on the jeep and recharge the battery. Since its a deep cell battery it is able to take the abuse. I also went around to my neighbors houses who did not have generators and refreshed their fridges and freezers. I worked hard those days and is still running today. Like I said before I have to find time to hook up my 2HP compressor to it and try it out before I buy the 1.5 HP compressor. I'll keep you posted.

There are 746 watts per horsepower so Technically it is 1119 watts to run that compressor. I have a 1000 watt invertor on the jeep. Also that is a max of 1.5 horsepower which means that it probably only draws that on the initial start up. I believe that the invertor will run it just fine. I have a 2HP now at home I will plug it in and put an amprobe on it and see what it actually draws to verify it. Anyway its just an idea I've been kicking around. As far as the room under the hood I believe that I could fit it on the driver side near the firewall. I have what looks like another battery tray there that I think it will fit on. I'll have to bring one home and do all the measurements first before I cut it up. :shh:
    Thanks for the advice
    Brian

I was wondering :hmm: Since I have a 110v onboard power inverter, could I take a 110v Craftsmen air compressor apart and mount the compressor under the hood and the tank somewhere underneath and just plug the compressor in when I need it :question: Has anyone attempted this before. I was looking at the Craftsmen 1.5 HP 2 gallon compressor today for $98 and it looks simple enough to modify and make work. My only question is would the compressor withstand the heat of the engine compartment? Any ideas would be helpful. If I could do this I might get OBA for under $120.
    Tell me what you think.
    Thanks
    Brian :shrug:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr…dsite=&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

I was wondering if anyone had a way of getting a discount with Poison Spyder. :hmm: I want to order the rocker knockers with the slider bar. Any help would be appreciated. If not I'll just bite the bullet and order them anyway.
    Thanks
    BDLSTOY