Posts by Lovely

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did install the drop pitman arm but I did not replace the swaybar bushings. I am just going to get the alignment done (to be on the safe side), throw on a steering stabilizer and run it for now. As time and money permit, the SYE and then start replacing bushings and other worn components. One last quick question, when I put the transfer case drop kit on, it basically just lower the trans and transfer case together. Doesn't this tilt now put added stress on the motor mounts? I can't imaging that is good, have you had any problems with this? Thanks again!

Hey all, new to the board but I need a little advice. I recently installed the RE 4.5 ED on my 95 Sahara and I was wonder what my limitations are now wheeling it without the SYE? I installed the transfer case drop kit as well as the 4 degree axle shims and found that at full rear axle droop the driveshaft does not bind or pull all the way out of the transfer case. This was a pleasant surprise b/c after droping all the loot on the lift wheels and tires my budget is all but tapped and if I could hold off the SYE that would be great. I don't plan on doing any hard core rock crawling just some trail runs and stuff, will my current set-up be o.k. for some mild wheeling? Also, since the install I feel that my steering is really sloppy (borderline scary) and everything is tight b/c I tripple checked. Is this to be expected with the larger tires and wheels with the stock steering stabilizer. I will be changing that out soon but it still seems to wander bad, what gives? Thanks in advance!