Posts by blackflag

your talking to an old dog. i've been wheeling since 1975 and a mechanic by trade. i should think i should know when i need to upgrade. i thank you for your comments. but i stand by my choice.

its not an issue of upgrading to a dana 44 when its not necessary i don't get into to much heavy off roading. the dana 35 will perform adequately for my needs for now.

thanks alot. Aaron but i've found a service tech that rebuilds and regears for a resonable price thats only 8 miles away. He has all the alignment tools and gauges to do just about any rear, any make. it goes to him wendsday next week.

I've held back on upgrading because I don't do enought heavy off roading to warrant it. I don't belive when it was re-geared the job was not done correctly. This shouldn't have failed driving normally.

there has never been words written that can express what one feels when our loved one are called away. i can only say what a dimmer world this will be with out her. but... what a blessing it is to have known her. may god ease your grief and may you find comfort in your friends.

i have some primed 1/2 doors for a cj/yj if your interested. no uppers no keys. locks are easy to switch. $300.00

split from the for sale topic it was originally posted in because it walked on another person's sale. Slimer

every year i have to change my headlights back to OEM lights to pass inspection. along with the tag border also has to be removed. luckly i have KC off road lights and they have covers for them. you can use a sock ( black ) most of the time they will passs you if all the extra lights are covered. according to what the inspector told me your only allowed 1 extra set of lights and they must be below you head lights if there are to remain uncovered.

just to let you know you can modify a 4.0 head to work. you'll have to get a machine shop to mill some shallow holes in the water jackets. they will have to make some plates to fit in the shallow holes. i had this done to mine when i stroked and blueprinted my engine.

instead of putting the wheel out side. turn the wheel over fill the center cap with crushed ice/ dry ice if you can get some. that should do the trick. wait a few minute then tap out by placing a folded colth on the front to keep from maring the surface and strike with a rubber mallet or a dead blow hammer. good luck

stopped into T.J.Murray in Dover on persimmon tree rd. he had ( 2 ) two M-415 with pintal hitch tongues. I'm not sure of the price . Both are in great shape no dents or broken fenders or tub rusted out. I don't know what he wants for them but here's your chance.....