Posts by scabz

yea i was the willys ed with the 33's. I picked up a 4 door rubicon this week , ill post up pics when i take some. im really excited to be back in a jeep

Hi , everyone Ive been gone about 2 years now(being without a jeep sucked) just wanted to say hi to everyone thats still around , and interduce myself to members Ive never met before.
    I'm Rick and i live outside of Philadelphia, I'm looking forward to hopefully getting out on the trials with everyone soon and renewing my membership

I know theres alot of YJ masters in the club and i told him i would post up the message he sent me .

My Wrangler is having an electrical problem and I am looking for some assistance. What I need is a really good wiring diagram for a 89 YJ, a service manual if any one has one or just a really good diagram. If you could contact you friends in the various Jeep clubs to see if they have one that you can borrow or buy (cheap) please let me know. Not the one you can get from Pep Boys, I have two of them and neither has a wiring diagram that is of any use.

My problem is that none of my gauges work, I have replaced the fuse a couple of times each time putting in a bigger fuse. Each time it last maybe a minute then it blows the fuse. When I say none of my gauges work that is exactly what I mean. The only gauge that works is the speedo. Gas, temp, tac, oil, and battery all do not work. Also my turn signals do not work, but my four ways do. And I have no reverse lights, but none of the bulbs are blown. So I think I have a short some where or a bad ground some where, I do not know. That is why I am asking for a really good wiring diagram or service manual for my 89 YJ.

My Jeep and I thank you for any and all assistance….

Mike

its really easy to wire up a jeep, even if you want to go components running off an amp and everything its a very easy job. Im not sure where you are but if you need a hand let me know i'd be more then happy to help.

I find doing car systems fun

did you swap out your speedo gear when you upsized your tires? if not your speedo is off enough to affect your mpg. again, this is only true if you are calculating your mpg based upon the gallons used and the distance on your odometer.
    chris

I havent im going to change the gears when i have my arb's and the 8.8 installed so everything matches up i have to call over to qtech today and order them ive been slacking on it.

the jump from 32's to 33 should change your mpg too much with the right gearing. Im on 33's and getting about 10mpg city with 3.73 gears. should be a little better mpg wise when i re-gear to 4.10.

holly oak is going to be doing mine as well, not sure on he install price but they are always good and the work is perfect. he's done just about every mod to my jeep besides my tire carrier,gas and steering skid. every jobs been perfect at a good price and done pretty fast, i would highly recommend hollyoak to anyone.

did you file an accident report with the local police ? if so contact the officer that took the report and make sure to notifiy him that she had no ins. she must have giving him an ins card on loctionso he might not know she has none and its a nice ticket, then you can sue her in civil court(it takes forever) but atleast you can be sure she getting a huge fine for driving without ins and that if its a leased vehicle the company is going to repo it and she loses whatever she put down.

im sorry for your loss bro

i spent a while trying to find the perfect locker for me and came down to the ected and the arb. I went arb , you hear one or 2 people say there lines freeze or rip but most are more then happy with them. I picked up the heavy duty lines and i cant see them ripping easy.

the ected are nice and half the price but not as time tested yet , and i didnt want lsd when i wasnt locked. its a hard choice and either way you getting the best of both worlds.

I just cant wait to have eveything installed so i can test the arbs out,

I like my trxus there wearing fine , road noise is low in them. only downside is the balancing problem, i might change to bfg MT's when i bump up to 35's because i spend so much time on the road that i dont want to have to go in to have them re-balanced non stop.

the hard plastic lineing on the side of your windshield might also fit your tweeter depending on the size, its not hard to pop it off.

as for putting anything else in the center besides the 6" pos thats in there i tried today to get an 8" RF and its a pain to even get the stock speaker out i gave up after i had it sitting out of my jeep and tossed it back in.

Im going to use a 8" truck type 1 enclosure and mount the amp with my other one under the rear seat if i need the room ill just move it to somewhere else while i need it then put it back afterwords like ive been doing with my amp.

i drilled out a new hole in the sound bar and put the tweeters in with the crossover. if your putting a set up front theres a few places you could go with them. if you dont ride with your doors off that would be the quickest place for the install.