Posts by nascar

Redneck ram is hydro assist from west Texas offroad. I was going to port and tap the new box I have but they offer a swap out program with a new higher output pump, ram, lines, Heims, and rebuilt box with stronger sector shaft for $600 bucks. The money saved by DIYing my own hydro assist doesn't outweigh the ease of installing their kit IMO.

Stock trackbar in, test driven for an hour. Drives great.

Thanks again guys. Wish I could stay to meet a bunch of you tomorrow but don't want to press my luck.

It's very slick at the park, j trails are closed, west property has the least snow, but it is flurying currently. Pole line, B and d trail mud holes have 1"+ ice chunks in it. Be prepared for at least doubling the time needed to traverse non green trails. Have fun and be safe, slid into quite a few sketchy off camber spots due to snow and ice.

Got a stock track bar headed up now from Maryland, gonna be here around 10, gonna throw it in, recenter the wheel and see how bad it dog tracks. At least it will get me home. Frame side metal insert fell right out of bushing when I removed the track bar. Heim also has play in it as well.

Had a freaking blast today on some crazy trails, now I'm paying for it. But it was worth it.

Most of the trails are iced over pretty good, made for an interesting day. Cemetery red exit is iced over like crazy, took 3 hours to get out of it. Pretty sure that's where it put the nail in the coffin.

Thank you so much to all who responded and sent out text messages on my behalf, shows how awesome the jeep community is.

Will update

Picked up a 1939 Mosin Nagant M91/30 this weekend. Grabbed some cheaper fmj 7.62x54r. Velocity should be around 2,800ft/sec. Hopefully they don't give me any trouble.

I'd like to turn mine into oba but hate to loose the a/c. I know I know what a wuss. Maybe once my Jk goes to wontons and the trailer trailer queen doesn't need a/c

I had the range master come over to me when I was shooting my 45 win mag. Wanted to know what it was then said I was firing to fast....

Yes it's the rr expedition with a Donaldson prefilter. I can't tell you the last time I used the extension though. I like how it's streamlined for a snorkel and doesn't block any forward view. It's definitely not cheap, yet it's not as much as the gen 2. Install also takes 4-5 hours. I've installed about 10 of them and was only able to do 2 in one day. With the aev, 20 minutes and done. I just didn't want the aev for esthetic reasons.

Hey all, met some of you guys yesterday at jeeps in the vineyard. I'm horrible with names but I think I spoke with glen? Been living in new castle for 4 years now. Have an 08 JKUR on 38s with 4.5" frankinlift consisting of poly/synergy, rk, Clayton, and tflex. Grew up in nj wheeling the pines, moved down here for work. Go up to rc, anthracite, Maine, and of course nj for wheeling. Always looking for new spots to check out, really enjoy exploratory wheeling and camping, especially in winter. Still trying to figure out how to post up a pic without it being gigantic..