Posts by Mudflaps

Bought this a few years back, been kicking around my garage ever since. Very good condition, no rust, includes stock fender flare. Color is "Champagne" if I recall... I never installed it because Mudflaps is a slightly darker color. Anyway, if you want it, come get it... $100 takes it home. I'm in Rock Hall MD down on the Eastern Shore, but can meet you in MIddletown/Newark area if that makes it easier for you. Email me direct at PA19070@aol.com or text 610-283-8815.

Simple question... hooking up a connector for a trailer... inside the tail light housings there is a green and a white going to the primary bulb... assuming green is the turn signal and white is the brake light?

OK so I bought a set (actually a few sets) of halogen driving lights... one to replace the old ones on the bumper of my YJ (which were damaged in the incident), and two more to install on a lightbar I picked up over the winter. One or two of the reviews I read on this particular set of lights was that the wiring that comes stock with the set-up is poor, and upon disassembling one for inspection, the wire that is used internally is indeed a very thin gauge.

I've read that this will cause the lights to be much dimmer than they should/could be (55w bulbs), but they way they have the bulb mounts constructed, it's virtually impossible to replace the positive lead (it's basically soldered right to the bulb base, and impossible to get to without snipping apart the entire housing). I'm willing to invest in replacement bulbs/mountings (and plan to go to AutoZone to see what's available that will fit), but before I go to that trouble...

Do I really need to rewire these? Will the stock smaller gauge wiring indeed cause the lights to be dimmer? I was planning to upgrade to 14 gauge (it looks like the existing wiring is smaller than a standard lamp cord, so I'm assuming that it's no bigger than 18 gauge).

These were on an overhead light bar that I bought, but don't have covers so they wouldn't be legal up that high. I tested them and they all work, have about 4" of lead wires still attached. The one on the far left only looks different because of the lighting in the photo, but they are all in good condition. $20 for the set. Can meet up between Philadelphia and Middletown.

Outfitting a small jonboat for my son and would like to find a cheap bimini top for it... I'm guessing that it's probably around 54" wide where I'd want to mount it. Any leads for someone who might have such a thing cluttering up their garage would be appreciated.

Looking for someplace I can buy or acquire a piece of metal grate to replace the rusted-away one in a grill/smoker I picked up recently... the kind of metal grate that you would find at a state park campsite fire ring, for example. I probably need a piece 36" x 24"... a quarter of a 4'x8' sheet would also work.

1. Stafford - prob camping fri/sat night
    2. hookedonthebay staying for food not sure about camping
    3. Kuntryboy816 - camping fri/sat nights - blues & greens
    4. Whatevah - food, no camping. Blue/green.
    5. Captain- Possibly camping Friday-Sat.
    6. Steve89YJ (if anyone has a passenger seat open!)
    7. Solomi + 1. camping.
    8. Tonka + 1 no camping. + Guests- 1 adult & 2 kids in an additional jeep
    9. Shorebird guide green, blue, black food camping Sat
    10. TheDarkSide +1 Blue/Black Camping at least saturday
    11. Nandosjk +1 Camping fri/sat night
    12. Astape camping at least one night
    13. JKGray10- Blacks/Reds - Camping Fri/sat night
    14. Mudflaps (will not be wheeling) +1 teen (will be riding with Shorebird) - Camping Sat night only/food
    15. KnoxRents +3 Rugrats - Camping Saturday night definitely/maybe Friday..not sure. Greens/Blues
    16. Surfrider +2. Camping Friday night. Green/ Blues
    17. Keith.eric. Greens/Blues. Maybe camping Friday night, not sure.
    18. Jeffsjk +3. parking lot crawler
    19. Red oliver and Anx1ous if the jeep is ready - camping fri and sat; with tailgate grill
    20. RBXJ Greens. Camping Saturday. Green bottle grill.
    21. Daddanelena - blue/black
    22. YJDave +1 kid greens/blue camping sat night. Let me know if another full size grill is needed.
    23. MellowYellow greens/mild blue (new side) day trip with possible guest (second jeep)
    24. FZMax Black and Blue, no camping, but we'll hang around a while
    25. JeepSahara + 1
    26. 2000sahara + 1 Camping at least 1 night maybe 2 or camp comfort depending on weather.
    27. Tattookid85 blue/black will have an open seat, may camp but not partaking in the member activities since I haven't paid dues
    28. J-Man whatever