Posts by Hawk_eye

I do apologize if this is the wrong section for this but, I've been waiting and waiting and I'm finally gonna pull the trigger on a set of the 4" over line metal cloak front fenders for my 2006 wrangler.

My question is, has anybody on here passed inspection or know someone who has passed it with them on their jeep? That's the only thing holding me up from buying them. Cause right now I have the stock 3" flares and my tires stick out about 2-2.5" past the flare and they passed me no problem.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

I have a couple of nitro rc cars I'm looking to get some money for to buy a set of wheels for my TJ.

The ones I'm looking to sell are an HPI nitro rs4 3 Evo+ and a Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3.

The hpi has barely been used, it was broken in by the recommended standards and after the break in period it had at most 3-4 tanks if gas through it then was out into storage. I did take it out over the summer to get it started and what not, it will start but has a bad steering servo which is no more than a $30 fix. I also have three sets of wheels for it and an extra Nissan GTR body, painted black. Two of the sets of wheels have tires on them and the third set has no tires on them.

The Traxxas truck I've had the longest and used the most. You can tell it was used but it was also well maintained, always cleaned the air filter, oiled the piston, etc... It still runs like it's brand new out of the box.

HPI : $230
    Traxxas : $220
    prices are negotiable.

If you want pictures, I have plenty of them and will send them via PM.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a grille from a 97-06 wrangler. I don't care one bit what color it is since I'll be spray painting it for a little experiment I wanna do.

Preferably under $100 if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

I appreciate all the advice guys, thank you.

It seems i have a lot of thinking to do, I'm not sure how I feel about doing a body lift on my daily driver. Probably me just being paranoid but it's my daily driver and I don't wanna mess it up too badly.

If I was to just do a 2", it would probably be better for me to run a 31 inch tire rather than a 32 to avoid any clearance or rubbing issues?

I am in the same boat with my 2004. And have been contiplating the same two lifts. I have read a lot that the RC can sag in the front and can be a little rougher of a ride.

I'm not all that worried about the ride, roads around me aren't that bad. I've also read that they (can) sag a little bit in the fronts.

Depends on what your looking to spend.

From what I've seen, the RE 3" is around the peak of my budget, no more than between 600-700.

Treat Rough Country as you would the plague, the RE 3.5 kit will net you a solid 4.25" of lift, and look into the OME lift for good ride quality and a height matched for 32" tires.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_01X_PG.htm

I've also looked into them, after being recommended to me by a friend of mine, but for almost $900, I'd rather put a higher lift on it.

I've done a good bit of reading and searching about this and I couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

I recently bought an '06 Wrangler sport, it's completely stock so i have a totally blank slate. Since it is my daily driver and my only means of transportation I really intend on doing any major off-roading, green/blue trails at rousch creek for example. I want to do no more than a 4 inch lift on it and I've got it narrowed down between Rough Count 3.75" and the Rubicon Express 3". Hopefully some of you can help by giving your recommendations. If anybody knows a different kit I should look into, I'd love to know.

My desired wheel/tire size I want to run is 15x8 with 32x10.5.

Thanks!
    -Hawk.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I wanna do a 3" lift with 32's on it. I don't wanna go much bigger because I don't really plan on doing THAT much off-roading since it's my daily driver.

Flutterby, my brother is Exige, He use to have a WJ with 2" lift on it.

Hey everybody,

I'm Matt and I recently bought my first Wrangler. It's an '06 Sport. My brother is/was a member of this forum and suggested I should join you guys so here I am :)

Here's my ride:

See you all around!