Posts by ConcreteCharlie

Anyone have a dual stabilizer installed? Any difference between Rough Country and Skyjacker? Would appreciate any insight on the relative reputation of those two.

I have a 2.5" lift and 35s on a 2012 JKU. I have been experiencing some shimmy at 40mph or so. Everything is as tight as I can make it and the wheels were recently rebalanced, but the shimmy keeps creeping back when a wheel hits a little bump. Currently have an OME high clearance stabilizer but I am thinking it is not quite up to the job and want to give a dual setup a try.

Sorry about the pay link. The WSJ is very confusing with their paywall. I could open it even though I don't have an online subscription, but apparently couldn't link it except for some. Very random.

Re: Charging stations, I read a while back about a concept to have removable battery packs. It would be like taking a tank of propane to Blue Rhino, the station would pull the dead batteries out and put in a new fully charged set. I don't think any electric car companies are near a modular design like that, but it would be as fast as pulling into a gas station today.

1. altierior - blues and blacks, and/or reds
    2. jgray205
    3. Jmack
    4. dejeepfreak- blues / possibly black
    5. Slowpoke - blue/black
    6. Concrete Charlie - Blues, occasional blacks

I guess we can evaluate next week to see if we have critical mass for two groups. The nice thing about Rausch is that there always seems to be an easier cutout to take if things look too imposing. Even if we don't get two full groups, I guess we could always branch off and meet up again at the next junction.

After an inauspicious beginning, denting a rim and losing a bead about 32 seconds into the excursion, I did manage to finish up without many other mishaps. Like Chief, I flooded my passenger cabin (Jeep currently sitting in the sun trying to dry completely out). Luckily, when I got home I broke out the sledgehammer and walloped the rim back into shape and was able to re-inflate the tire. Steel wheels are wonderful things.

Just have a few photos...two of Slowpoke's Adventures in Rockland and one of the SS Chief wallowing in the treacherous Pole Line Swamp.

I am in for this one. Hopefully won't have to bail at the last moment like last time.

1 ??? Trail Guide TBA
    2. Deadfeat - Blue / Black Trails --- camping Fri and Sat.
    3. Slowpoke - Blue/Black -- Saturday
    4. NitroRubi + UrbanCrawler - Blacks - Camping Fri and Sat
    5. SaharaKara -Greens/Blues- Camping Friday and Saturday.
    6.ForMud - Green / Blues / Blackish - Sat hopefully
    7. cj8 - Tentative - Guide Green/Blues if needed, otherwise Blue/blackish.
    8. Concrete Charlie - Green/Blue/Blackish -- not camping, driving up Saturday

Was down there for a basketball tourney this weekend and forgot this was going on. After waving at about 100 wranglers in the first quarter mile on the island I was like, "wait a minute, something might be going on here..."

Is your steering stabilizer shock in good shape? I only ask because those were the exact things that happened to me when I broke mine at RC a month ago. Hit a bump and started shimmying.

Assuming nothing has changed from 2012, you have to disconnect the water and power for the rear windshield. Both are bundled together on the driver's side back pillar for the rollbar. There's a clip that you unfasten. You may have to buy a new torx head driver to loosen the bolts that hold down the top.

People get into modifying their jeeps because it's more fun than simply lighting your money on fire. :mrgreen:

Kidding - I am sure you will get lots of good advice from people on here.

Sounds like you have it figured out. But, just in case, I posted a link to the instructions in "What have you done lately?" section. My OME didn't come with any install instructions at all. I had to drill a couple of the holes in their bracket a little wider to accommodate their own hardware.

Here's a link to it.